Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MATTY10
Staying in the Castle

July 2021 - What to do...

Hi all,

I know there has been alot of threads about this already but 1 more wont hurt

I managed to convince DW late last uear to take the plung and book 3 weeks in July. She is worried about the heat as the last few times we have been we have been may or October so any suggestions about how best to deal with it would be great...

Now to my main dilemma we have booked a fly drive with BA departing 7th July from LGW, but that is it so far...

Do I take the plunge and reserve the hotel and pay a deposit?

And the main one do I buy tickets as this would need to be paid in full so we can reserve days in the park. Was hoping disney may bring back the 21 day pass but that seems very unlikely now so will either gor for 14 and hope we can upgrade there or book a 7 and 14 (very expensive)

Any advice would be much appreciated
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

It’s a tough one with the tickets. We booked flights for July 2021 with the BA promise and I also have booked a room on £15 deposit with travel republic and airport car park on an amendment allowed basis with no charge. I was sorely tempted with discovery cove tickets on Black Friday as there was a big saving but didn’t feel comfortable with parting with that much money upfront when everything is still so uncertain. Have decided to sit tight as we are for the time being and see how things progress. We don’t want to do Disney though so in a slightly different situation 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

We booked our tickets with attraction tickets with flex plus insurance for like £20. It allows you to cancel for any reason
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

With regards to the heat. We went in August in 2018 and these are the things I found really helped. Cooling towels were brilliant (you pour a bit of water from your water bottles or fountain on and flick them to make them cold) drape over the back or your neck. We also froze water in water bottles and took those in the parks, when they started to defrost a bit we topped up from the fountain. In the afternoon we got iced water from stands/quick service counters and poured that in. We bought a polystyrene coolbox from walmart for about $5, each day we would put frozen bottles of water and some cold cans in, at the end of the day you always had a nice cold drink before starting the drive home.
Aim to do the indoor attractions, 3D cinema, shows etc in the afternoon (we found between 2 and 5 the hottest).
We never made rope drop (our 6th visit to Florida and never made rope drop yet) and didn't want to waste days by leaving in the middle of the day, so just pushed on, had breaks in the parks and jumped into a shop if things got to hot
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
it is the humidity really the heat you can cope with. Drink lots of water as previously said keep cool. we freeze a 6 bottles of water and wrap with th hand towels from the hotel to keep cool by flanneling down, you can also drink the water. the water fountains in the park take some taste adjustment ! decant some vimto or squash to mix in when you refill the bottles!. ice available from most outlets
Linen and loose clothing, a good pair of walking sandals work for us, a decent hat and factor 30 re apply often due to sweating it off
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
It’s a tough one with the tickets. We booked flights for July 2021 with the BA promise and I also have booked a room on £15 deposit with travel republic and airport car park on an amendment allowed basis with no charge. I was sorely tempted with discovery cove tickets on Black Friday as there was a big saving but didn’t feel comfortable with parting with that much money upfront when everything is still so uncertain. Have decided to sit tight as we are for the time being and see how things progress. We don’t want to do Disney though so in a slightly different situation 🙂
Discovery Cove have been great with their refunds and have been refunding people with no questions asked! We were skeptical paying it all upfront for October 2021 but seeing how well they've dealt with things but my mind at ease

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Senojk
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Hi, it's a tough one isn't it but I'm sure you will make the right decision x
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I found plenty of hotels bookable with either small or no deposit and free cancellation up until a few days before. Look on booking.com for plenty.
I don’t know if the same applies for tickets only if you buy them from Disney, but they were offering free cancellation on everything.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MATTY10
Staying in the Castle

Think it may have to wait until May 2022 can't see our 4 year old wearing a mask even if Mickey himself asked