Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jan 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
The ones I mentioned, in particular DDP seems, according to most posts across the Dibb is a game changer for many.
DDP is the most popular booking offer for Disney UK.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Which I why I said many not all... And based on this thread , many won't be returning or are not happy

People stay onsite for many reasons. The ones I mentioned, in particular DDP seems, according to most posts across the Dibb is a game changer for many.
We never had DDP so won’t know what we are missing
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
It's just the constant chipping away of benefits and lowering of quality as prices keep on increasing.
Has to be a tipping point for some people 😕
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
It's just the constant chipping away of benefits and lowering of quality as prices keep on increasing.
Yep...14 trips over 17 years, all bar 2 onsite, some before Magical express, most using it. some on various dining plans.

Entertainment cancelled, parades scaled back. Port Orleans shut. I'm happy to pay a premium for a premium experience, sadly it looks like my tipping point is reached.
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This , summed up beautifully
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I’ve got themed ones now how long do they last for?
Edit: just read previous poster said genie app what’s that? I feel I’ve missed things somehow
The band will likely last forever for near field communications (paying, opening doors, scanning for photos). The far field (auto pickup for photos and videos with no scan) about 1-2 years depending on how old it was when you bought it.
The Genie app is the new planning app- read way to monetise what used to be Fastpasses. Phones will now act as the MB when it comes in - supposedly.
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Yep...14 trips over 17 years, all bar 2 onsite, some before Magical express, most using it. some on various dining plans.

Entertainment cancelled, parades scaled back. Port Orleans shut. I'm happy to pay a premium for a premium experience, sadly it looks like my tipping point is reached.
See none of those things bother us
Main one for me is fast passes
Queuing would ruin it for me
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TAGG
Proud to wear my Ears

Things have changed so much since we started going to Disney 15 years ago, you seemed to get so much more value, i remember we used to get:
  • Free DPD, which was 3 courses and included the tip.
  • Evening EMH lasted for 3 hours, some nights it went on until 1.00am in the morning.
  • Towel animals in the room
  • Paper fast passes you could choose on the day.
  • it also helped when the exchange rate was $2.15 to the pound
  • 14 day ultimate tickets were £179, based on inflation they should be around £330

I know things change but these are just a few of the perks that have been withdrawn that takes the shine of the experience.
TAGG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
See none of those things bother us
Main one for me is fast passes
Queuing would ruin it for me
I think fast pass issues would ruin it for many

Everyone has different needs and wants staying onsite. I'm sure though many will still go and pay the extras. I'm just grateful that I've been over 13 times... I was Disney jaded after my 2019 trip, so I'm possibly being a negative nelly. Hopefully fast passes stay. I fear not though. Maybe like US JUST the deluxe. We wait and see
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I think fast pass issues would ruin it for many

Everyone has different needs and wants staying onsite. I'm sure though many will still go and pay the extras. I'm just grateful that I've been over 13 times... I was Disney jaded after my 2019 trip, so I'm possibly being a negative nelly. Hopefully fast passes stay. I fear not though. Maybe like US JUST the deluxe. We wait and see
Really?
Just the deluxe get it?