Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
I'd be surprised if they didn't considering they've just refitted them last year, would be a waste of money no?
We’re booked on one for august
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
I'd be surprised if they didn't considering they've just refitted them last year, would be a waste of money no?
Plenty of money wasting going on at the moment! They were due to be going off lease in early 2022 anyway. I'm sure when they refitted them they imagined they would be seeing daily use. Alas, along came Covid and a VS A332 has not made a passenger flight for many months now, neither for that matter has any VS A333, so unless there is a serious pickup in travel towards the end of the year there is actually no need for the A332's at present or for the foreseeable future.
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muppster View Post
Plenty of money wasting going on at the moment! They were due to be going off lease in early 2022 anyway. I'm sure when they refitted them they imagined they would be seeing daily use. Alas, along came Covid and a VS A332 has not made a passenger flight for many months now, neither for that matter has any VS A333, so unless there is a serious pickup in travel towards the end of the year there is actually no need for the A332's at present or for the foreseeable future.
Virgin refitted the A332's when they envisaged them to be in daily use, as the old Air Berlin interiors did not meet the Virgin brand / product standards.

They were only leased for 4 years & due to go in little over 12 months time from now. I don't expect them to return personally - especially if more fuel efficient 787's / A350's are available. I do expect to see some of the A333's return to service though.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’ve upgrade to delight both ways for next year. Seat pitch on classic is 30”. Seat pitch of Delight 34”. With a son of 6’5” a husband of 6’4” and other son just hitting 6’. It’s a no brainer. £700. They won’t be moaning all the way ther and back to me. For me at 5’2”. Loads of legroom. Oh and priority boarding

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

I love delight and make my budget fit for it. Having the extra legroom and the arms not being fixed is such a nice option to have instead of only being able to get bulkhead or exit row seats.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Anyone know on average an upgrade to Economy delight is. Although there doesn't seem to be any option to upgrade looking at my booking, I'm curious in case they become available.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

We flew delight in 2019 to LA on one of the old air berlin planes, it was nicer than economy as at 5'11 all leg, the leg room is a must, I can actually sit in a normal position there. The seats and service were the same as economy, so without needing the legroom I can't say it would be worth it, I think there was a degree of priority boarding before the normal economy passengers but it doesn't really help for overhead locker space as you aren't ahead of those sat around you.
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Anyone know on average an upgrade to Economy delight is. Although there doesn't seem to be any option to upgrade looking at my booking, I'm curious in case they become available.
We did ours on an upgrade, but it couldn't be done ourselves when selecting seats, we had to contact our agent who had to speak to virgin directly. I want to say it was about £75 each way per person when we did it, it was comparable to the cost of an extra leg room seat, hence why we went for it.
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
For my trip in September we're going ED each way.

Economy Classic would be 387 return
ED is 487 return.

That's not the upgrade price but flat ticket price to purchase outright but i remember upgrading to ED from orlando a couple of uears ago and i think it was $60 on that leg.

For a comfort perspective it's worth it for me - I don't need extra legroom but like the sense of space you get but also in the planes that are going now ED is the first set of economy rows after PE so gives a bit of an advantage there too.

I'm very fortunate though that i don't have budget issues so I know that 100 can make a different when it's family travel

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List