Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

One other thing I will add is there is usually a lot more rides down for maintenance in Feb then Oct, especially water rides (The wife was delighted,). Kali River rapids, Ripsaw Falls, Infinity Falls were all down plus Typhoon will be closed as well at that time.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been in Feb, Sept and October.

February was very quiet, as we managed to avoid presidents day. It was 20+ degrees every day though I needed a jacket in the mornings and evenings as it was cool without the sun. We had a couple of pool days though. Mardi gras at Universal was a lot of fun. I would absolutely go back in Feb.

September was hot, humid, but not hugely busy. Halloween theming and events were good, we only got rained on once which was very good fortune.

October was insanely busy in comparison and I would actively avoid it in future. It was hotter than our Sept trip, crowds were huge everywhere and it did spoil our enjoyment somewhat.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
I've been in Feb, Sept and October.

February was very quiet, as we managed to avoid presidents day. It was 20+ degrees every day though I needed a jacket in the mornings and evenings as it was cool without the sun. We had a couple of pool days though. Mardi gras at Universal was a lot of fun. I would absolutely go back in Feb.

September was hot, humid, but not hugely busy. Halloween theming and events were good, we only got rained on once which was very good fortune.

October was insanely busy in comparison and I would actively avoid it in future. It was hotter than our Sept trip, crowds were huge everywhere and it did spoil our enjoyment somewhat.
Thank you. I’m still torn. I love the idea of winter sun but also the Halloween theming is a big draw, plus longer to get over the horrors and uncertainty of COVID. Lots to think about...
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Halloween is a great time to visit.

The one thing that pushes me more towards Sept is that in Feb the weather here is not great and I had issues with pet care thanks to snow at home. This was a bit stressful to sort form the US.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Been in February once, it was chilly at times and needed a sweatshirt or pullover. Our last trip was the first time in October easily the best weather I've experienced nice and warm and over 21 days there were about three or four short spells of rain.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Candlestick
Excited about Disney

Do people still get pool days in February? Do you get shorter days in the park?
Sorry if these sound like stupid questions
Candlestick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Candlestick View Post
We went in Feb 2019 and apart from the first day we were there when it rained it was between 27 - 30 for the rest of our stay. We visited both Volcano Bay and Aquatica during that period.

The park hours were slightly shorter but Disney were doing the after hour events which we attended both the MK and Ak events.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Candlestick View Post
We did 3 pool days in Feb and on one day I burnt to a crisp! Make of that what you will
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Candlestick
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the info
Looking forward to a bit of sun too then
Candlestick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
I’m worried that in February it’ll be too cold to go to the water parks. I realised that my main memories from our non-stop fortnight in May 2018 were when we relaxed more, either at the resort pool or in Typhoon Lagoon. The rest is a blur of rushing to make fast passes and ADRs. This time we want to go more slowly, and take it easy. But not freeze.
We’ve been at both times. October will definitely be better for the pool/water parks.
We’ve found the weather is more consistent in October. The humidity of summer falls away and you still have the warmth. The Food and Wine is on at Epcot. If we get to go this year it will be in October. I’m hoping. 🤞
What we’ve found in February is that although it’s usually sunny it can be really cold when it comes down from the north. Think grass frost and gloves. The last time we went as a family group and we went in the villa pool a couple of times because we had the kids with us and they were desperate. 😁 DH and I went to watch Illuminations at Epcot and hid in the shop until a minute to nine. It was bitter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List