Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Found out this evening I’m not getting it in writing that my temp contract has been extended until the end of March because it depends on lockdown. If lockdown finishes in feb, I could be gone 2 weeks later.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Right now I’d settle for going to work for any hours I could. I hate being off! Usually I do 32 a week.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I work part time 18.5 hours a week - last week though I did over 40, extra money for that magical moment when we can get back to Florida!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

40hrs over 5 days with unpaid 30min break saleried so no overtime pay. I used to come in early and stay late but since restructuring and getting rid of half the team I now work the 40 only and always take the break. What gets done gets done.
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

45+ for me- it's not uncommon in my job to be still speaking with parents over evenings and weekends, so I start work typically at 8ish - sometimes early- finish anywhere between 5-7 depending on what needs done, theres not really any set pattern. A break/lunch- what's that?! - in all seriousness I probably work through my lunch i maybe grab 15 mins it would depend where I am working on that day.

I have most weekends free, but again i have been known to work weekends when the need arises. I love my job so doing the hours never feels like a chore- the hours seem to fly past.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I only took this job because I retired with a full pension from the Police at 50. That is far too young to cease working (IMHO).

Full shifts, 8 hours and all paid as I work in a pair, on call and therefore cannot break for meals.
We cover 24/7 throughout the year including Bank Hols and I am either shift enhanced or weekend rate when appropriate to the hours.
Over 11 weeks, we do..
2 weeks of nights 10-6
3 weeks of earlies 6-2
3 weeks of lates 2-10
3 weeks of rest days.
Whilst nights are in a 7 day block, the rest are all mixed up, resulting in a 40 hour week, every minute paid.

I won’t work a minute extra unless I am paid. I was sold like a slave from the NHS to an outsourcing company of poor repute and that was the moment any goodwill ended. Fortunately, I have retained my TUPI rights, these past 6.5 years. My employers are not a company that I would ever have sought employment with and I have watched as they have deliberately shed over 80% of the former NHS staff, replacing most at minimum wage and statutory conditions and with no shift enhancements and an absolutely lousy pension. They have pretty much got what they paid for, lousy staff and a filthy workplace. I have not had a pay rise in the 6.5 yrs since we were sold.

I get 38 days annual leave including Bank hols.
6 months full and 6 months half pay if sick.

5years, 4 months and 3 days until my State retirement age is reached and by which time my SERPS opted out years are gone. I will not work a day beyond that.

Edited at 11:53 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We run our own company. The hours vary all the time, but right now it is manic.

We do advisory services for large businesses, and as you can imagine the current situation is driving a lot of them to look for efficiencies and cost savings.

Personally I'm doing about 45 hours a week for a client I've had for over 15 years, and then at least 4 hours more each day reviewing the work/reports of the other staff. I then spend the weekends doing company work and lead generation stuff. I reckon probably 3 hours on Saturday and 2 on a Sunday.

So I think I'm probably up at around 70+ hours a week, have been doing this many since September last year and can't see it slowing down until at least July
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
After nearly 48 years without a break made redundant in May retired in September.
So Zero hours! 😊😊
I had some very long 60 hour weeks working all around UK and Ireland so waking up in my own bed every day is brilliant, hotel stays when they are non holiday are so overrated!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
After nearly 48 years without a break made redundant in May retired in September.
So Zero hours! 😊😊
I had some very long 60 hour weeks working all around UK and Ireland so waking up in my own bed every day is brilliant, hotel stays when they are non holiday are so overrated!
Everyone thinks they are great, but after about 2 solid weeks of it then it loses the attraction.

For the first 10 years of my career I was away Monday-Friday almost every week. Cut down after that but even last year I still managed 32 nights away for work reasons
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I'm contracted, and am paid, to work 37 hours a week. I actually work about 40 hours a week or thereabouts - tbh I don't really keep count of the exact amount.

There used to be a time when I got paid overtime and then I didn't mind as much about doing some extra hours. Weekend work was good because on a Sunday I used to get double time (I think) - so 4 hours of work on Sunday was the equivalent of a whole weekday. Plus I was on less money so needed the extra money more. But that all stopped many years ago and I no longer get paid for any extra time worked, so I don't.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List