Notices

Old 18 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

181 days and counting...

So we hit the "magical" 180 day mark tomorrow. It doesn't mean much as we're on the QSDP so no reservations to make, but I'm thinking of booking one or two TS meals so will have a think about them overnight - am thinking that DD would love a character meal...

Now we've got less than 6 months to go, it's feeling a bit more real now too. It's still a secret from DS, so that's fantastic and I've now "confessed all" to my parents which feels like a weight off my shoulders - ridiculous as it is.

We saw a friend who lives around an hour north of Orlando a couple of weeks ago when he was in the UK, so have tentatively arranged to meet up with him and his family on Presidents' Day, so that takes care of plans on what's likely to be the busiest day in the parks and it will be great to see them all.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

112 days to go...

It all started to feel real a couple of days ago when VH emailed me to remind me that I need to pay my balance in 4 weeks!

We've started planning our reveal for the kids. Well, a 2 year old won't really get it, so it's for DS. We're making him a personalised calendar with photos of him and his sister and all 4 of us and putting all of his important dates in for 2020 (holidays, school residential etc). I think the main photo for February will probably be a picture of "The Falcon" Virgin plane, but I might dig out one of him dressed up as a Star Wars character - can't quite decide.

He'll be so gutted to get a calendar as his main present, it's going to be hilarious. I hope!

I found out today that you can pre-book slots to make the light sabers in Galaxy's Edge, so I need to work out what time would be best to do that in the morning so that we can still hopefully get on the 2 rides there quite early with hopefully minimal queuing involved.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
An old school friend of mine has just booked this same trip for himself and his son (I think he is about 13) who are both avid Star Wars fans but never been to Orlando. He was looking for some help with planning as they've never been.

I will be avidly following your thread to glean any of your tips as we never stay onsite and know nothing about the QSDP!

So far all I've told him to do is download MDE and get everything registered on there. Were you able to link your virgin booking ok to MDE?

I know he will also be interested in the light saber making. Which day is presidents day? so many questions!

Following with great interest

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
An old school friend of mine has just booked this same trip for himself and his son (I think he is about 13) who are both avid Star Wars fans but never been to Orlando. He was looking for some help with planning as they've never been.

I will be avidly following your thread to glean any of your tips as we never stay onsite and know nothing about the QSDP!

So far all I've told him to do is download MDE and get everything registered on there. Were you able to link your virgin booking ok to MDE?

I know he will also be interested in the light saber making. Which day is presidents day? so many questions!

Following with great interest
Oh wow, how exciting for them!

I can’t remember about linking my reservation to MDE, but it’s there, so it can’t have been difficult!

Presidents Day is the Monday and that’s the only day I’m expecting it to really be busy, but the last time I went in Feb half term was 5 years ago.

I need to start researching good places to eat on the QSDP as we usually stay off site too. It looks like the variety of eateries is pretty good though. Which hotel are they staying at?
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
This trip sounds amazing. Will be following along jealously. Partner and I are huge Star Wars fans
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Oh wow, how exciting for them!

I can’t remember about linking my reservation to MDE, but it’s there, so it can’t have been difficult!

Presidents Day is the Monday and that’s the only day I’m expecting it to really be busy, but the last time I went in Feb half term was 5 years ago.

I need to start researching good places to eat on the QSDP as we usually stay off site too. It looks like the variety of eateries is pretty good though. Which hotel are they staying at?
He’s staying at all star movies so also has QSDP. X

Edited at 07:47 PM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bacardi84uk
New Poster (4)

My OH booked this this trip for us too as a birthday present for me. Excited and shocked dont do justice to how I felt after the reveal especialy as she kept it secret for nearly 5 months. We've only got back from 3 weeks in Orlando earlier this month so we're excited to get back again.

Unfortunately, we're slightly concerned at the fact that VH have apparently no clue about any of the details yet. Some staff we've tried to talk to didn't even know of the package's existence! No-one either in store or on the phone/email can give us a confirmation of the locations, dates and times of the 'exclusive' experiences. The dessert party is supposedly at Epcot but there's nothing Star Wars at Epcot so that seems strange - why not HS?. They won't/can't tell us what restaurant or what time the Star Wars themed dining experience is, and the sales blurb says we get an exclusive design magicband but they cant tell us if that is in addition to the one we can pre-select through MDE or not. We don't wanna pick a band on the app only to either not get it, or not be allowed the VH exclusive one because we chose differently.

Full payment is due in just under 4 weeks and all we want to do is plan our trip given that it's only 7 nights and planning is critical in getting the most out of a WDW holiday. We cant do that though without knowing where and when we have prior commitments. Has anyone else had any luck getting details out of VH about this package?

We've had lots of issues with VH in the past few years, with things not being booked or as described when booking in store so their lack of knowledge is deeply concerning.
bacardi84uk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What an amazing trip! I'm so excited to see all the star wars stuff at Galaxies Edge, my DH is a massive fan and I know he's going to melt when he sees the Falcon.

I love it when people do reveals for their kids I hope you haven't had any more near slip ups and I hope you all have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bacardi84uk View Post
My OH booked this this trip for us too as a birthday present for me. Excited and shocked dont do justice to how I felt after the reveal especialy as she kept it secret for nearly 5 months. We've only got back from 3 weeks in Orlando earlier this month so we're excited to get back again.

Unfortunately, we're slightly concerned at the fact that VH have apparently no clue about any of the details yet. Some staff we've tried to talk to didn't even know of the package's existence! No-one either in store or on the phone/email can give us a confirmation of the locations, dates and times of the 'exclusive' experiences. The dessert party is supposedly at Epcot but there's nothing Star Wars at Epcot so that seems strange - why not HS?. They won't/can't tell us what restaurant or what time the Star Wars themed dining experience is, and the sales blurb says we get an exclusive design magicband but they cant tell us if that is in addition to the one we can pre-select through MDE or not. We don't wanna pick a band on the app only to either not get it, or not be allowed the VH exclusive one because we chose differently.

Full payment is due in just under 4 weeks and all we want to do is plan our trip given that it's only 7 nights and planning is critical in getting the most out of a WDW holiday. We cant do that though without knowing where and when we have prior commitments. Has anyone else had any luck getting details out of VH about this package?

We've had lots of issues with VH in the past few years, with things not being booked or as described when booking in store so their lack of knowledge is deeply concerning.
Did you have someone contact you the other day about dietary requirements for the meal? I asked them about the magic bands and they said that we get the exclusive ones, so we don't need to organise anything on MDE.

I didn't ask where the meal was or what time, but with 455 in attendance I would think it's likely to be in some kind of conference facility rather than a restaurant.

Did you find out any more?
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an amazing trip! I'm so excited to see all the star wars stuff at Galaxies Edge, my DH is a massive fan and I know he's going to melt when he sees the Falcon.

I love it when people do reveals for their kids I hope you haven't had any more near slip ups and I hope you all have a brilliant time.
Thank you! No more slip ups - I'm now a pro at hiding it (I should probably be less complacent - there's still about 7 weeks until Christmas!).

It helps that he knows we're going in August, so I can talk freely about "when we're in Florida" and get his input into things without mentioning any time scales.