Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by GoofyLoveCo View Post
We are going in March is it similar to WDW where everything is on a magic band. Is DLP a similar process or is it on a card? As we have the full board dining plan
When we went last Xmas we had a room card which also had your dining credits on it and could be used to charge to your room.
We also return in March for an extended family trip, fingers crossed!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Danisleigh is right, no magic bands but there is a room card.

As a more general point - DLP is very, very different from WDW. It's a completely different culture, in the same way as the parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai are. To get the most out of your visit, don't expect it to be an American experience! Europeans like very different things from Americans and the parks are a completely different experience.

One big difference - the French don't really snack. It gets in the way of their 2 hour 3 course lunch and their 2 hour 3 course dinner! So you won't find the range of snacks in DLP that you would in WDW. As you have the dining plan, you can have a big buffet breakfast that will keep you going well into the afternoon. I'll be honest and say full board is way too much for me. We usually have a buffet breakfast and aren't hungry again till at least 3pm. But with the full board you have a 3 course lunch and a 3 course dinner. You may be able to use one credit at a counter service place (at the discretion of the CM) but you won't get the value out of it. Still, if it's free, go ahead and fill your boots!

Other good ways to prepare - read trip reports, watch YouTube videos, listen to podcasts - all will give you a good idea of what to expect. Oh, and ask questions on here of course!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyLoveCo
Gone all Goofy

Thank you for that information Gill

Well I'm happy that there will be plenty of food as our 2 yo who will be 3 when we go already eats us out of home. So we will definitely get ours money worth there
GoofyLoveCo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Danisleigh is right, no magic bands but there is a room card.

As a more general point - DLP is very, very different from WDW. It's a completely different culture, in the same way as the parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai are. To get the most out of your visit, don't expect it to be an American experience! Europeans like very different things from Americans and the parks are a completely different experience.

One big difference - the French don't really snack. It gets in the way of their 2 hour 3 course lunch and their 2 hour 3 course dinner! So you won't find the range of snacks in DLP that you would in WDW. As you have the dining plan, you can have a big buffet breakfast that will keep you going well into the afternoon. I'll be honest and say full board is way too much for me. We usually have a buffet breakfast and aren't hungry again till at least 3pm. But with the full board you have a 3 course lunch and a 3 course dinner. You may be able to use one credit at a counter service place (at the discretion of the CM) but you won't get the value out of it. Still, if it's free, go ahead and fill your boots!

Other good ways to prepare - read trip reports, watch YouTube videos, listen to podcasts - all will give you a good idea of what to expect. Oh, and ask questions on here of course!
Thanks for the tips. I have been to DLP before but almost twenty years ago when I think it was Euro Disney so I am sure a lot has changed. I wasn’t onsite then either.

I almost booked the Disneyland Hotel but the extra cost that was partly going towards the full board plan put me off a little bit. We only have half board at the Newport Bay which I think is all we need, but as per my initial post, I might sometimes want to eat in a premium restaurant or off the premium menu.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thanks for the tips. I have been to DLP before but almost twenty years ago when I think it was Euro Disney so I am sure a lot has changed. I wasn’t onsite then either.

I almost booked the Disneyland Hotel but the extra cost that was partly going towards the full board plan put me off a little bit. We only have half board at the Newport Bay which I think is all we need, but as per my initial post, I might sometimes want to eat in a premium restaurant or off the premium menu.
Half board is plenty, particularly if you have a nice big breakfast.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have just booked Newport Bay for February next year and have the half board plus dining included.

My question is, if I wanted to go to a restaurant that is only available on the premium plan e.g. Inventions, would I have to pay fully in cash or can I use my voucher to part pay and then pay cash for the difference?

If I can make a partial payment with my voucher, how would I know what the difference is, does my plus voucher have a particular cash value?

(I know that some restaurants may not be open in February, just wanting to get a better understanding of how things work normally)

Thanks.
Hi Claudette
The face value of the Plus dining credit is currently 37Euros per adult and 18Euros per child for dinner.
You would receive that amount per party member deducted from the final bill as others have said.
The other difference is that in choosing to use your meal credits in this way you would also forfeit your free soda which you receive in most TS restaurants with the Plus menu Prix fixe.

So, for example for Inventions, there would be a 33Euro top up per adult.

I hope that helps a bit.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Hi Claudette
The face value of the Plus dining credit is currently 37Euros per adult and 18Euros per child for dinner.
You would receive that amount per party member deducted from the final bill as others have said.
The other difference is that in choosing to use your meal credits in this way you would also forfeit your free soda which you receive in most TS restaurants with the Plus menu Prix fixe.

So, for example for Inventions, there would be a 33Euro top up per adult.

I hope that helps a bit.
Thank you yes that helps. So as well as paying €33 I would also have to pay for a soft drink? I think maybe I will give Inventions a miss.
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thank you yes that helps. So as well as paying €33 I would also have to pay for a soft drink? I think maybe I will give Inventions a miss.
Exactly.
I would say that if character interaction is back up and running in restaurants when you visit, Inventions is worth the price tag, but Brunch on Sundays is possibly better than dinner.
There are some great restaurants included in the Plus plan where you don't have to pay extra - places like the Yacht Club at Newport is excellent, the Steakhouse in Disney Village and Silver Spur in Frontierland.
Just check which are open when you plan to visit.
You can also use your voucher for lunch rather than dinner if you wish - sometimes there are more restaurants open in the middle of the day - especially those that are in the parks.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Exactly.
I would say that if character interaction is back up and running in restaurants when you visit, Inventions is worth the price tag, but Brunch on Sundays is possibly better than dinner.
There are some great restaurants included in the Plus plan where you don't have to pay extra - places like the Yacht Club at Newport is excellent, the Steakhouse in Disney Village and Silver Spur in Frontierland.
Just check which are open when you plan to visit.
You can also use your voucher for lunch rather than dinner if you wish - sometimes there are more restaurants open in the middle of the day - especially those that are in the parks.
I won't be there on a Sunday, I am doing a Monday to Saturday break. I have Yacht Club and Steakhouse on my spreadsheet plan. I have also included Bistro Chez Remy, the menu doesn't look particularly brilliant at the moment but I love the décor.
Old 8 Oct 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I won't be there on a Sunday, I am doing a Monday to Saturday break. I have Yacht Club and Steakhouse on my spreadsheet plan. I have also included Bistro Chez Remy, the menu doesn't look particularly brilliant at the moment but I love the décor.
The menu is unlikely to change, it is deliberately very limited. Best steak I have had at DLP!