Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Borderbairn View Post
We're in exactly the same position.
We’ve moved it once and paid £100 I said to DH if this carries on we’ll have paid for a second holiday in amendment fees 🤣
Old 10 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
We are booked for May. Everything booked is moveable except the Disney tickets, which for now expire in September. Hopefully Disney will extend the expiry date to next year but that would mean 2020 tickets valid in 2022. Chances?
This is my concern too. I dont mind moving our trip AGAIN. However our disney and universal tickets are paid for in full and expire 30/09/2020. ATD arent responding to my contact to see if there are any options available to us 😕
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
owensy
Proud to wear my Ears

We are due to fly on 18th May. Ive been optimistic up until the last few days, but its going to be difficult to tell. We fly from Manchester with TUI
owensy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

We are due to fly out May 7 after moving it twice from last year. I have to try and stay positive because right now after being made redundant at the end of last year, losing 2 close family members over Christmas to covid (they both had severe underlying issues and both caught covid whilst in hospital) and all the other stress this bloody pandemic has inflicted I think I will actually lose the plot if I don’t have the possibility of an escape to look forward to. Maybe in a few weeks I will resign myself to the fact that we will have to move it again, but for now, we might still be going 😬

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to fly from Newcastle May 18th, I think it is 50/50 at the moment but I have had my covid vaccine so hoping it goes ahead after having 3 holidays cancelled last year
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

1st May from Newcastle, moved from September 20. DW and I have both had Covid, both were positive for antibodies and have both had our 1st vaccines. Safety wise we are as covered as we can be. Been to WDW about 14 times so I am not too bothered about the limited park hours, masks, lack of shows etc.

I am though losing hope that the skies will be open, the US admitting tourists without quarantine and the FCO advice being lifted.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

We moved our May 2020 holiday to May 2021 in April last year full of hope that we would be out of this mess by then
In hindsight now i wish we had taken a refund and waited to book.

Balance is due mid Feb but we are considering cancelling rather than moving again for many reasons but we would loose our £700 deposit.

reasons why we are considering cancelling

- We have paid really high price for this holiday as when we moved flights were not available as flights were more than 11 months out this will happen again if we move before Feb to May 2022

- Free dining not appearing added about £2k of costs for food we were not planning for would want to see disneys offer before booking again

- virgin now require negative test for all flying outbound and inbound at a cost of approx £100 per person this adds £800 costs to our holiday. Also not very clear what would happen if you fail as travel insurance unclear and not info as yet from our agent as it would be within 72 hours of flight

- This was our first and once in a lifetime visit it is a lot of money to spend with no proper parades/ fireworks/ shows character meets etc, no fastpasses no real onsite perks
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
David121523
Trying for More Ears

I’m really sorry to hear that fingers crossed you get a break you deserve it xx
David121523 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TiggerRocks
Trying for More Ears

We booked to go in May early last year I really want them to cancel our flights. I really dont want to go with the amount of covid knocking around without a vaccine and the prospect of wearing masks and dealing with social distancing out there fills me with horror.
TiggerRocks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope it happens for you all, we’re booked for August. I’m looking at all the positives like the vaccines and the 2 new drugs they’re using to treat people in hospital. Should see some hope within the next 6 weeks. I’m just going to work and staying in watching Florida on YouTube 🌈
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List