Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jan 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Parades and fireworks will be back I’m sure but not until social distancing is a thing of the past. I just don’t see how they could police the crowds. As for DME and EMH we seldom used either. However without FP I’m worried about the experience and free DDP was always an incentive for us to stay onsite. I do worry that some of the aspects that make it for us won’t be back, or at least for a while but as someone pointed out - FP made sure you were spending money in shops rather than standing in queues so I can’t see that staying away forever.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

In the short term - no
In the longer term - doubtful

I’ve seen so many changes since 1981 - not all good, but some positive changes too.

It’s a business - it’s there to make a profit...

I’ll see what it looks like in 2022 before returning...

Edited at 08:29 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

All aspects of life change over time, this is evolution and it is inevitable.

Will Disney ever be the same - No,... it will evolve, as can be seen in life generally.

Covid has momentarily made unforeseen enforced changes.

Disney332
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As to how badly Covid has hit Disney, as a group, it’s share price pre Covid was around 140, it’s now 180. The debt doesn’t mean much, Covid has given them many more Disney+ subscribers.

I suspect these changes were all planned well before Covid. The train was, the parking fees on site (to drive people into Uber and still keep them in the bubble and of course, nice profits from parking).

If you read Disney’s statement it sort of gives the impression Extra Magic Hours going is for safety due to Covid, but read it carefully it doesn’t say this. I fully expect hard ticketed events to be there instead of evening EMH, again all planned I’d guess well before Covid, given the circumstantial evidence- evening EMH being stripped away pre covid for ever more ‘parties’. I’ll never pay for one. Fool and their money and all that. It perhaps works nicely for an American on a 3 day trip who can buy one less day on the park ticket on their short break splurge, but Brits on 14 day holidays with tickets anyway? Not so much.

For us it makes little difference. We nearly always have a car and don’t pay to park being DVC, a long time ago had stopped eating every day on site and had numerous trips off to the likes of Longhorn and Bahama Breeze, did not partake in dining plan, and we always do the extra hours in a morning and so the measly 30 mins but at every park means we should be able to get on one prime attraction and be first in the queue for another before the masses come in.

In fact this could be quite good for me personally as DVC doesn’t pay to park and so if I ever wish to rent my points it will continue to push up the value.

But we are not typical guests and I can see all this affecting British guests in particular quite badly.

What will really put me off is the paid for fastpasses or queuing scheme when they come in, particularly given we go for many days and that could get very expensive. Expect it to be pretty cheap at first, with cries from Disney fanboys and girls of it’s a business, and it’s only $10 each a day. Watch then how very quickly it ramps up in cost, following the classic Disney Parks model.

Pays your money and takes your choice I am afraid, it seems Disney is confident they will have lots of willing punters. Will they have egg on their faces?
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I’ll be interested to see what Disneyland is like when it reopens. The MaxPass is more reasonable there because you spend less days there so $10 a day isn’t as big of a deal as it would be for a 2-3 week holiday and there’s more options outside of the Disney bubble in CA with Knott’s Berry, Universal, LA, the coast etc.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Photos with the characters(and yes hugging them)

I’ve been commenting and reading the removal of EMHs and Disney’s magical express thread and have not really been bothered too much.

But I’ve got a real lump in my throat at the thought of never being able to hug Chip n Dale again! 😢 I’m 46 by the way! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Depends what you consider to be magic.
I went 2 years ago and it was the most amazing place on earth, booked to go again this summer.
But I have never experienced the EMH, DDP, and I'm not sure what MDE but think you mean the Disney express... never done that ether.
So I think it's what you consider to be the bench mark
We are the same as you, never experienced the EMH, DDP and MDE this would have been our first year of experiencing this. I feel it's however magical you want it to be, we will be grabbing the experience and the magic with both hands the best we can with after the year we all have had. Trying to stay positive for Disney making changes to benefit and add to everyone's experience.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I hope so, but I doubt it will ever be exactly the same - will it stop us going? No, we're already booked for the autumn and are happy to mask up etc. However, because of the cuts (thanks Bob!) we're not prepared to pay Disney deluxe prices for room only and no (or very few) perks, so we're staying at a DS resort for most of the trip.
We've also booked an extra 4 days at another really nice resort and are saving £3000+ over the cost of the Y&BC and getting 4 extra nights.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
Not with the people in charge now
Agreed here, if it were just covid I'd say yes it would go back to 'normal' after a couple of years when this is eventually under control.
But, the issue is the management, it's not run for enjoyment it's run to line investors pockets and in park entertainment doesn't pay the bills while people still pay entry
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It depends what you consider to be ‘the way that it was’.

I think parades and fireworks will be back, definitely. EMH, I’m not too bothered about. We don’t really use it.

FPs and (preferably) DDP are what we need to have our holiday ‘as it was’. I can live without the ME - although we are gutted it’s gone! The restaurants in the heart of the magic are what it’s all about for us!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List