Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Let’s hope things get better soon, it’s getting boring now 🤪🤪
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I don't expect things to start changing until Easter at the earliest tbh.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah we have said will review situation Easter time and make a decision on Oct holiday, hoping Virgin let us change for free.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Keeping my fingers crossed for my August trip but there’s no way we’ll go if we have to stay in our hotel room for 5 days. 🤞🏼 This is just temporary!
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for my August trip but there’s no way we’ll go if we have to stay in our hotel room for 5 days. 🤞🏼 This is just temporary!
You won’t have to. We are being scared to death at the moment so people don’t get blasé given the vaccine rollout ( always one of their number 1 fears). When deaths and hospitalisations are massively reduced which they will be by Spring, US citizens will not take being put in isolation for 5 days- no chance.
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You won’t have to. We are being scared to death at the moment so people don’t get blasé given the vaccine rollout ( always one of their number 1 fears). When deaths and hospitalisations are massively reduced which they will be by Spring, US citizens will not take being put in isolation for 5 days- no chance.
You’re pretty optimistic for your summer trip aren’t you? Send some of that optimism over here please! 😊

My main fear is that we’ll have to wear masks in Disney. I reckon I could get my DD to wear one, she’ll be 4 then but I know how hot it is at that time of year and really don’t think we would cope all day.

Dubai was fine as we had lots of breaks and didn’t have to wear them when outside at the resort but it was hard in the heat at times and that was only for short periods!
Old 13 Jan 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Surely restrictions in the US will continue until they have the virus under control, doesnt matter what’s happening with U.K. re infections deaths and vaccine. If it’s still virulent there, then masks, distancing etc will still be happening. I would think this would, I hope, be the case for every country, that’s why it’s a global pandemic?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
They already announced this for those travelling from the UK over two weeks ago: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I'm guessing this will be for travellers who can currently enter the US, ie: US residents/their spouse, green card holders. I don't see it applying to tourists just yet, although it may in the future.
UK nationals can enter the US now, and have been able to throughout. I have a friend, a UK national who lives here in Sussex, having a grand old time on holiday in Miami right now.

He went via the Caribbean as his two-week stopover en route.

Tough life.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
They already announced this for those travelling from the UK over two weeks ago: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

UK nationals can enter the US now, and have been able to throughout. I have a friend, a UK national who lives here in Sussex, having a grand old time on holiday in Miami right now.

He went via the Caribbean as his two-week stopover en route.

Tough life.
I'm confused. The latest update suggests that we can fly direct from the UK but the link you have shared states that you cannot fly from the UK if you have been here more than 14 days. Am I missing something?
Old 13 Jan 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm confused. The latest update suggests that we can fly direct from the UK but the link you have shared states that you cannot fly from the UK if you have been here more than 14 days. Am I missing something?
Yes. Foreign nationals can not fly to the US if they have been within the UK in the preceding 14 days.

US nationals can.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List