Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jun 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Orlando return of the newbies - Sept 2016 - Day 2 Magic Kingdom

This morning was the first morning in our favorite park and it was a super early start! The alarm was set for 5.30am: zzz:. We had paid for Early Morning Magic so we were excited to start our day.

We caught the bus at 6.45am and arrived at the park just after 7 am.

We had a small wait to be let in but the CM’s soon arrived to let everyone through. Due to it being quiet (as the park wasn’t officially open yet) we all went through the metal detector and then we were in!

It was lovely to have a stroll along Main Street whilst it was quiet, nice to see it without all the crowds.

We headed straight to 7DMT and walked straight on, we ended up have 5 rides on 7DMT it was great as you did have to get off the ride but just went straight back around and with no queue, we made the most of it.

We then decided to head towards Winnie the Pooh, we were the only one on this ride! Next up was Peter Pan which we went on twice as once again no one was there.

It was getting on a bit and we could see people had been let in the park as a queue had started to form for 7DMT so we decided on one more go on this one but when we came off we realised we had one minute to spare before it opened officially so we went back around for one more go! Yes, that is right 7 goes on 7DMT but to be fair the queue was super busy for the rest of the day, so it was worthwhile going on it so many times when we could.

Whilst everyone was now queuing for 7DMT we went to Under The Sea and were the first ones on this morning, it was lovely not having to queue!

Breakfast was included with your ticket, so with hungry bellies, we headed to Pinocchio Village for our breakfast. It was a buffet style and we thoroughly enjoyed it, I had Orange Juice and plate one included Frittata and Sausage, then I moved onto the sweet delights of French Toast and lovely pastries.

Once we were suitably full we decided to go to PhilharMagic as we didn’t want to go on a ride after eating our body weight in pastries! PhilharMagic is always a real favorite of mine plus it’s lovely to cool down inside.

Our first Fast pass of the day was Buzz Lightyear, my notes state that I beat Craig, I must have been proud about that. (My face shows I was taking it seriously)

We headed to Carousel of Progress this was new for me as I hadn’t been on it the year before, I enjoyed it but that song sure gets stuck in your mind lol.

We then went on Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain.

We then headed to our Fast pass for Jungle Cruise which is always really funny and finished with Pirates of the Carribean.

We managed to get so much done in a short amount of time with no real queuing, it was only 1 pm and we had done everything that we wanted to.

We were heading back to the park tonight for MNSSHP so we all decided to head back to the hotel to have a nap and before we went back to the park.

On the way out of the park, we popped into Starbucks for a refreshing Strawberry Acai, just what was needed on a hot day.

We had a short wait for the bus and then we were back at POFQ, I decided to get some chocolate milk and a cookie, so we bought those before heading back to the room.

Craig was shattered and too tired to go for a walk so I just read in bed and updated my notes for the day so far whilst Craig slept.

We got ready and headed back to the park at 5.30pm. Some of the costumes we seen were amazing I love the effort people go to. We arrived at MK and were given wristbands, but the CM put mine on so tight it was cutting off my circulation!

We went back to the front and asked another CM to help, he could hardly remove it but after some perseverance, he managed to rip it off and added another slacker one this time.

We decided on Columbia House for dinner and it seemed like everyone else had the same idea as it was super busy. We shared the Chicken and Fish combo and also a chocolate cake.

It was raining quite heavy so it was even busier inside but we decided to brave the rain and headed back outside.

Neil ran to the shop to buy Craig and me ponchos but by the time he got back the rain had stopped for the night, typical!

We went trick or treating and managed to get so many sweets. Neil was in his element as Lisa normally only goes to a few if passing. With us there we stopped at as many as we could until our bags were completely full! We noticed as the night went on the queues massively reduced so going a bit later is better to save all the queuing. This was our haul at the end of the night

We went on Buzz and then People Mover and then went hunting out a good spot for Hallowishes. We managed to find a good place to see the fireworks so we just waited for them to start. Neil popped to get a coffee whilst we were waiting.

Craig and I were seriously flagging at this point; we could hardly keep our eyes open but we did manage to stay to watch Hallowishes unfortunately, we were both far too tired to stay for the parade.

Lisa and Neil stayed to watch the parade whilst Craig and I joined the mass exodus to leave the park.

We missed our bus but another one arrived in five minutes and we were back to the resort at 11 pm. We just managed to fill up our mugs before we headed straight to bed and we both fell asleep instantly.

Thanks for reading!
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Seven times on 7dmt 😀😀😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

What a packed day, well done for getting so much done! Early morning magic sounds well worth the money! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Seven times on 7dmt 😀😀😀
Well it only seemed right to ride it once for each dwarf
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, early morning magic followed by MNSSHP, it's no wonder you were flagging. Can't wait for the next instalment

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
What a packed day, well done for getting so much done! Early morning magic sounds well worth the money! x
Thanks very much, it was a tiring one but great fitting so much in! Yeah I loved EMM it was totally worth the money in my opinion, I would definitely do it again
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, early morning magic followed by MNSSHP, it's no wonder you were flagging. Can't wait for the next instalment
Thank you! Yeah it was a jam packed day, but I think it was my favourite day of the holiday
Old 6 Jun 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We are doing Early Morning Magic this year so good to see a review!

Do you walk through the FP+ line or the standby line when you're boarding? Slightly strange question!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We are doing Early Morning Magic this year so good to see a review!

Do you walk through the FP+ line or the standby line when you're boarding? Slightly strange question!
Ah you will love it! Walk through the normal standby line and most of the rides have it set up so you don't exit the normal way to make it quicker for those wanting to go back around again. So 7DMT and Peter Pan had a little gate that they opened meaning you just cut back through again.
Old 8 Jun 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

What a great day :-)