Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Dd13 school is very strict. Its a CofE state school and they all look smart. They can wear socks or tights but dd chooses tights 90% of time, doesn't seem to bother her although she's a pain for laddering them all the time!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughters school has a strict uniform policy and doesn't allow them to wear skirts, they have to wear trousers.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
My daughters school has a strict uniform policy and doesn't allow them to wear skirts, they have to wear trousers.
TBH I would prefer this myself.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
TBH I would prefer this myself.
To be fair it doesn't bother my daughter and I think it's a good idea. It's been like it for a while as they brought it in just before my daughter started there and she's now doing her gcse's.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
DD's school doesn't have this policy although they do have a serious issue with many girls not appearing to know where their knees are! Many seem to think they're located just below their bum cheeks!
Old 13 Jun 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm glad my DD and DS go to schools where relatively lenient policy compared to a lot mentioned here.
At Primary white polo shirts, navy cardigan and black, grey or blue trousers or skirts - no rules for socks, tights or shoes but my DD only wears trousers anyway. No skorts or shorts allowed though. At HIgh School white shirts, tie, black jumper or cardigan, black trousers or skirts and completely black shoes/trainers with no obvious logos. Apart from the school tie the clothes do not have to have schoo
l logo and can be bought from anywhere.
Never heard of any policy for socks or tights and in fact my son makes a point of wearing colourful patterned socks as a bit quirky

Edited at 11:47 AM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
racheydisney
Excited about Disney

When I was in school all the girls were wearing those shorts that go down to your knees, city shorts I'm sure we called them, we sometimes wore them with those lovely diamond patterned tights but the school soon banned those and the girls all went back to shorter than short skirts
x

September 2019 - 10 night family trip
racheydisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

My former secondary school is incredibly strict on uniform. It was tights with skirts in the winter and ankle socks with skirts in the summer, or you wear trousers. Don't follow the rules then you're sent home to sort yourself out.

Rules are rules at the end of the day, don't like them then tough. When in the world of work you cannot change the uniform to suit yourself, you have to follow their rules. School is a good start for discipline.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I am currently invigilating exams and the youngsters sit at tables with no modesty board, I can clearly see the girls underwear, it is impossible for them to sit with their legs crossed and indeed they should be comfortable and not worrying about anything else but the exam paper in front of them so I feel tights or trousers would be a better option. I should add I am female but many of my colleagues are male and I'm sure they must feel they don't know where to look at times.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List