Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

I thought BOAC was better ON a camel, also TWA try walking across.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dismum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 2
ALITALIA - After Landing In Turin All Luggage In Atlanta
dismum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Apologies for the slightly bad language but I group ones like FlyBe/Easyjet/Ryanair into what I call "Budget Crap-o Air"

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
I thought BOAC was better ON a camel, also TWA try walking across.
Lol, that's what I said to my (smartar*e) DS - who promptly pointed out the "Off" in his book.

And I was hoping somebody knew a TWA one - I assume that there are loads for TWA, PAN AM - and Aeroflot!

Originally Posted by dismum View Post
ALITALIA - After Landing In Turin All Luggage In Atlanta
I like that one!

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
Apologies for the slightly bad language but I group ones like FlyBe/Easyjet/Ryanair into what I call "Budget Crap-o Air"

Oh, my friend - I am not a pottymouth - but believe me that I said FAR WORSE the first time I flew Ryanair! It was a disaster from the beginning - and ended with us sitting on the tarmac at Stansted for an hour and a half while we waited for someone to come and fetch CHERIE BLAIR off the plane.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So pleased everyone is helping to add to Poot's list. I don't have anymore airlines to add but when we were in Rome the tour guide told us FORD was found on the road dead-she did tell us a one for FIAT but can't remember other than the Italian bit...no real use to you at all!😬
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
When I was cabin crew back in the day our nickname for Ryanair was RyanBus cos they never flew into the closest airport to the place you wanted to be so would have to get a bus for about an hour or so before you got to your desired destination

I've never flown with them and would rather walk.

xx
They are brilliant and one of the main reasons I am married to my wife.

I can get most places in Europe for under 100€ they are a god send.

I can never understand your comment. I love visiting europe and would rather spend the money during my time there than paying over the odds for a couple of hours on a plane. Each to his own though I suppose.

Do you know before Ryanair the average flight on Aer Fungus Brussels - Dublin was 350€ now we never pay more than 100€. They are more punctual than most airlines and you get what you pay for.

I still call them Ruinair though :P

Edited at 12:46 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So pleased everyone is helping to add to Poot's list. I don't have anymore airlines to add but when we were in Rome the tour guide told us FORD was found on the road dead-she did tell us a one for FIAT but can't remember other than the Italian bit...no real use to you at all!😬
Always happy to hear from you, OB1 - pop back if you remember the rest!

And Ive read a few of these out to R.C. - he remembers FIAT being "Fart In A Tin". Men!

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
They are brilliant and one of the main reasons I am married to my wife.

I can get most places in Europe for under 100€ they are a god send.

I can never understand your comment. I love visiting europe and would rather spend the money during my time there than paying over the odds for a couple of hours on a plane. Each to his own though I suppose.

Do you know before Ryanair the average flight on Aer Fungus Brussels - Dublin was 350€ now we never pay more than 100€. They are more punctual than most airlines and you get what you pay for.

I still call then Ruinair though :P

Ryanair gets people talking, that's for sure!
Old 18 Jun 17, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
FIAT is Fix It Again Tomorrow or at least that that's how it's always known to me after having one that needed repairing very very frequently.
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Always happy to hear from you, OB1 - pop back if you remember the rest!

And Ive read a few of these out to R.C. - he remembers FIAT being "Fart In A Tin". Men!

Ryanair gets people talking, that's for sure!
lol so true.

I've had to fly BA twice in my life and on both occasions they lost my bags.

So that's 100% fail for me personally.

Also do you know that they have no direct flights to anywhere from Scotland so much for "British" :angry: When you go to Brussels you have to go through security then when you get to heath row T5 you again have to go through security again as you are now international

Only BA could devise that scheme for their Scottish passengers.

Ryanair after literally over 100 flights have yet to let me down (I must be lucky).

Air travel has so many variables that no one disaster would make me choose one flight over the other.

I will always book the cheapest in europe.

I'm off to Madrid soon and the cheapest was BA (Brussels Airlines) can't think of an acronym hehe

International however is a whole different ball game as compensation comes into play especially if you choose non -EU airlines and get stuck stateside

Edited at 12:50 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Darwen Bird View Post
FIAT is Fix It Again Tomorrow or at least that that's how it's always known to me after having one that needed repairing very very frequently.
Poor old FIAT - it's not getting much love in this thread!

My (17 year old) car is a Toyota - which apparently stands for "The One You Ought To Avoid".

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
lol so true.

I've had to fly BA twice in my life and on both occasions they lost my bags.

So that's 100% fail for me personally.

Also do you know that they have no direct flights to anywhere from Scotland so much for "British" :angry: When you go to Brussels you have to go through security then when you get to heath row T5 you again have to go through security again as you are now international

Only BA could devise that scheme for their Scottish passengers.

Ryanair after literally over 100 flights have yet to let me down (I must be lucky).

Air travel has so many variables that no one disaster would make me choose one flight over the other.

I will always book the cheapest in europe.

I'm off to Madrid soon and the cheapest was BA (Brussels Airlines) can't think of an acronym hehe

International however is a whole different ball game as compensation comes into play especially if you choose non -EU airlines and get stuck stateside

I think - with very few exceptions - the days of glamourous air travel are gone ( ) no matter which carrier you choose. My (tiny) mother was badly bruised and almost trampled on a Ryanair flight, and the last THREE times I've flown Club in BA - a stewardess tried to steal DS' dinner. So there's plenty of scorn to go around. Sigh.

I guess if the lovely Nicola gets her way...Scotland WILL be an international destination!

And I don't have an acronym for Brussels - though Mel posted one for its predecessor:

SABENA - Such a Bl**dy Experience, Never Again