Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Aug 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Orlando Return Of The Newbies - Day 5 MK -BOG, Bluezoo & Illuminations Cruise

Today was another day in MK for Craig and I, Lisa and Neil were at a different park today as they were moving to Universal tomorrow for HHN, whereas Craig and I were staying in the Disney bubble until Sunday.

It was Extra Morning Hours this morning, but we had all the FP’s that we needed so we didn’t exactly rush to get there. By the time we caught the bus and got through security it was 8.10am so a nice leisurely start this morning.

Our plan was to go to Gaston’s Tavern before everyone else has the same idea, however, as we were walking in that direction we noticed Winnie the Pooh was a walk on, so we quickly rode WTP and then carried on our way to Gaston’s Tavern.

It was quiet in Gaston's and we settled on a LeFou‘s Brew and a Warm Cinnamon Roll! These were both delicious. People liken the LeFou’s Brew with the Butterbeer at Universal however, I found the Le Fou’s to be so much better, we thoroughly enjoyed it and we managed to polish off the cinnamon roll between us.

Just a little side note about EMH we wouldn’t normally arrive later and then have breakfast, however, we had FP’s for the popular rides where the queues build and we planned to hit the less popular ones whilst everyone was enjoying the more popular rides.

Anyway, we finished our delicious breakfast and headed to PhilharMagic, no queue, of course, so we enjoyed the show and then decided on It’s a small world which was lovely and quiet.

Our first FP was for Peter Pan and the park had just officially opened, so it was a quick walk on but as we exited the ride the queue was up to 50 minutes!

Our next FP was for Under the sea, once again quiet, I think everyone was queuing for 7DMT!

We had a nice wander around the park and got some photos took by the photo pass photographer.

Our next FP was for 7DMT, we weren’t bored of this even after our 7 goes the other day.

We then headed to Buzz Lightyear, I was terrible again 50,000 this time, I am just no good on this ride!

A sit down in the cool was required so went on People Mover, for a nice break before our FP for Splash Mountain.

We ended up in row 1 on Splash Mountain, so we were soaked through and the water was in my eyes and stinging like mad, but by the time I stumbled off the ride I could see again and it was hot enough for it not to matter about being drenched.

We had a nice walk around the park to dry out before our ADR at BOG. We had a browse in some of the shops but soaking wet clothes and freezing air con are not a good combo so we just stayed outside enjoying the sun.

Once we were suitably dry it was approaching our ADR time so we headed to BOG. We checked in and the CM asked me ‘if it was delicious? I had a grey stuff t-shirt on I told him that I hadn’t tried it yet but I would let him know after lunch!

The queue seemed massive to get into BOG but moved really fast. We had already pre-ordered our food, so we were soon searching for a table whilst grasping our Rose.

All the available tables in the Grand ballroom were to seat 8+ so we went into the west wing and managed to secure a table for two.

My Turkey Baguette and Craig’s Croque Monsieur arrived really quickly. We originally planned to share and have half of each but we both preferred our own choices.

Desert was a must for me and it had to be the Master's Cupcake. Craig had the Lemon Cupcake. Grey Stuff was delicious it reminded me of Oreo.

We finished our lunch and decided that was us finished for today in the park, so we headed to the exit but not before a quick detour to Pandora to see if there were any rings that grabbed my fancy. I liked quite a few but decided to leave it for today, so we walked out of the park to the bus stop, we waited about 10 minutes for the bus to arrive.

We were soon back at POFQ and quickly changed into our pool things to spend a few hours by the pool relaxing. There is nothing nicer than having a chill out after a morning at the park.

Tonight, we had an ADR at 6.45pm, we were going to Bluezoo at the Dolphin and then we had an Illuminations Cruise booked.

We all made a bit more effort getting dressed up tonight and decided to book an Uber, as it would cost hardly anything when split the cost between the four of us.

We arrived at the Dolphin and realised the hotel must be holding a conference as it was full of business people. This was my first visit to the Dolphin and although I only saw the lobby it looked nice, but I suppose all the business folk didn’t give me the holiday vibe.

We chose Bluezoo for their set $33 menu which seemed a good price.

We picked some lovely cocktails - sorry no notes on what they were called.

I had the clam chowder for starter which was yummy,

I then had the bolognaise for my main which was ok but nothing to write home about.

Craig ordered the Fish and Chips and although it seems like a rookie mistake i.e. chips, not crisps, we never thought a hot fish would come with ready salted crisps, but we were proved wrong and that is exactly what it was. He said it was rather odd but he ate it.

Lisa and Neil both went for the fish

I then had the Chocolate pudding for dessert which was nice.

It was probably not the best experience of Bluezoo, due to the conference it meant there were massive groups of people eating in the restaurant and they were all really loud, which I get as when work colleagues all get together it can be like that, but it slowed down the service.

I probably wouldn’t go back to Bluezoo, but it was nice to try something different and it may have been a completely different experience if I had chosen from the main menu rather than the specials.

We left the Dolphin and headed to the Yacht Club. We were a little bit early for the cruise so we went to the gift shop and I treated myself to a Disney ring which I have worn nearly every day since.

There were only two boats going out on a cruise tonight, our driver was lovely and was chatting all about why he decided on his job (why not, if I could see Illuminations every night) and was talking about the different buildings and providing us with some extra Disney knowledge.

I was prepared tonight and had a cardigan with me but I didn’t need it as it was a lovely warm night. I made the most of the free snacks and took some away with me as well.

We moored up for Illuminations which were fantastic, the cruise is so special and you get a perfect view of the fireworks. I would highly recommend it, this was the 2nd time we were treated to the cruise by my sister and her husband and we were very grateful, as there is no better place to see illuminations.

Once Illuminations was over we headed back to the Yacht Club and decided to grab another Uber back to the hotel, this only cost $6. We filled up our mugs and then headed back to the room to hopefully, have a lie in tomorrow as we only have AK in the afternoon so a much later and leisurely start.

Thanks for reading

Edited at 08:39 PM.
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love your dress, perfectly themed for the Yacht Club area!

I agree about Le Fou's brew being better than Butterbeer; I feel like Le Fou's is actually a drink but Butterbeer is just about the experience.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Love your dress, perfectly themed for the Yacht Club area!

I agree about Le Fou's brew being better than Butterbeer; I feel like Le Fou's is actually a drink but Butterbeer is just about the experience.
Ah thank you, gotta dress for the theming
Yeah totally agree, I could just drink a Le Fou's right now
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

The fish and crisps still makes me laugh!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by disjunkie View Post
The fish and crisps still makes me laugh!
So odd, I wonder who thought that was a good combination