Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Adulting

So disappointing when you have to be an adult

Me and the DH decided tonight to postpone our Orlando holiday and go in 2019 instead of 2018. We really need a new car and although we could afford both it would be a little tight. Hubby took a lot of persuading though haha as he knows I was sooo excited

So we decided that we'd rather have saved up for everything and also started on the house kitty!

Majorly disappointed but happy with the decision!
Old 8 Oct 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Good call. Hard but good. You'll enjoy both the car and the trip more on these terms. Well done 👍🏻
Old 9 Oct 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Absolutely the right decision.

Just think of the new things (Star Wars Land!) that will be open in 2019 that you would have missed had you gone in 2018...

Plus a little more time to save, so you will probably have a little more spending money.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Remember when you were desperate to grow up- being an adult is not all we thought it would be is it! We have made a similar decision as our house really needs some work so not going back till 2019. It's the right call but it's still gut wrenching when you decide. 🙁
We are going to Wales next year with our family and friends. Have found a lovely cottage with a hot tub and it's an area we have never been to so, although it's not Florida we are looking forward to it.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

We've just cancelled our 2018 trip too

Lost our deposit but we worked out all in, it's about £7,000 in the house fund that we could really do with!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
racheydisney
Excited about Disney

Know how you feel, we cancelled our 2017 trip when our landlord told us he was selling our flat, totally out of the blue! I was gutted but felt like it was the time to save and buy our own place; we're now waiting to move into our new build and I can't wait to book for 2019 once we're in

Everything happens for a reason and I hope you enjoy your new car xx

September 2019 - 10 night family trip
racheydisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by racheydisney View Post
Know how you feel, we cancelled our 2017 trip when our landlord told us he was selling our flat, totally out of the blue! I was gutted but felt like it was the time to save and buy our own place; we're now waiting to move into our new build and I can't wait to book for 2019 once we're in

Everything happens for a reason and I hope you enjoy your new car xx
I actually feel ok about it today haha its cut down a lot of stress! Plus 2019 was the year we were going to originally go as its DH's 30th and stars wars will be open (fingers crossed). Enjoy your new home

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
We've just cancelled our 2018 trip too

Lost our deposit but we worked out all in, it's about £7,000 in the house fund that we could really do with!
It really does add up doesn't it! 7000 is a lot of deposit and Disney will still be there

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Remember when you were desperate to grow up- being an adult is not all we thought it would be is it! We have made a similar decision as our house really needs some work so not going back till 2019. It's the right call but it's still gut wrenching when you decide. 🙁
We are going to Wales next year with our family and friends. Have found a lovely cottage with a hot tub and it's an area we have never been to so, although it's not Florida we are looking forward to it.
Being an adult sucks haha. Hubby has just booked a long weekend for our wedding anniversary in March, so that's something to look forward to Wales is lovely!

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Absolutely the right decision.

Just think of the new things (Star Wars Land!) that will be open in 2019 that you would have missed had you gone in 2018...

Plus a little more time to save, so you will probably have a little more spending money.
I didn't even realise that Stars wars was open 2019, this has made us feel happier about our decision!

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Good call. Hard but good. You'll enjoy both the car and the trip more on these terms. Well done 👍🏻
My hubby looks a lot less stressed which is nice and looking forward to his new car
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Having a new car completely paid for is a great feeling, we save and buy outright. Same for Disney, save and buy. The feeling knowing you've got no debt is great. We only ever do it this way.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The mul
Apprentice Imagineer

I know how you feel, we are only going to turkey for a week as we have just had a second bathroom fitted downstairs and spent a fortune on our house in the last two years and my wife also needed a new car.
We love Florida and the west coast but our house has to comes first and we will still enjoy wherever we go.

Edited at 12:30 PM.
The mul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Yeah adulting sucks. We've got our 2017 Disney trip in 23 sleeps, but after that all holidays are on hold. We're having a new fire installed, roof replaced (its 104 years old so took the opportunity whilst next door is having theirs done) and walls plastered. It means we're having to borrow some money from my parents and we want to pay it back and replenish our savings ASAP. There's also been an announcement in my area of work which would see all my overtime/out of hours work dry up within a year, so must be grown up.