Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Am I missing something here, why do you have to collect your magic bands from Disney springs? We got ours on check in at the hotel as it was the room key, 🤔
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Am I missing something here, why do you have to collect your magic bands from Disney springs? We got ours on check in at the hotel as it was the room key, 🤔
OP is staying offsite. Disney had a ticket offer where they included free Toy Story magic bands but they need to be collected from Disney Springs.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We get to the hotel and go to bed reasonably early 8ish US time. We then get a good 8 hours and wake up at daft o clock, but really refreshed, we have a dip, and hit a rope drop.
We're regular visitors, and usually stay onsite, so don't have the issue of collecting Magic bands. I know plenty of people like to get on US time as soon as possible, but I'd rather be well rested than tired.
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We play it by ear. There are smooth travel days where you arrive feeling ready to do something and there are chaotic travel days where you just want to go to bed!

We are traveling with an 8 year old and our plan is to check in, unpack, Explore the resorts so we know where we are and where our nearest bus stop, drinks machine etc is and then see how we feel.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

My advice would be to wait and see how you feel when you get there! Personally I never make plans for travel day until I see how I feel and so far have only ever managed a quick shop(when staying in a villa), unpack, something to eat and bed, but then I like to be up early for the first day and except for 2017 have always had to be up at 3.00 a.m. UK time to fly to LGW.
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Always get to the hotel and then unpack. We usually have a nice cool shower to wake up and then head out to Disney springs to walk around and stay awake for as long as possible!
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

The last time we got to villa, unpacked, got showered then headed out to Hollywood Studios and did Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller, mooched about then went to IHOP for a steak omelette

This time I think we're just going to villa, unpack, shower then head off to Publix for supplies as hitting Animal Kingdom first thing next day although we will be up at something mad like 4am usually..
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Is DS open that early in the morning ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I don't make any plans. I just wait to see how I feel when I get there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Normally land 14:00 by time get through customs pick the car up and get to the villa/hotel it could be near 17:00 so it’s prob just a Walmart shop to get some bits and pieces to start us off
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List