Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile When can you book virgin seats & how?

Hi,

Booked for next year Aug 2020 for 21 nights. Booked through charter travel, flying with Virgin.
As I’ve booked through CT, how & when can I book seats?
I’ve been told we’ll be automatically sat together but i can change our seats.
I am very much a control freak & cant just take someone’s word for it that we’ll be sat together.
Do I need to obtain a ref off them to check within virgin? And how far in advance can I do this?

Many thanks
jennaba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

You should get an airline reference about 11 months out - however some travel agents might not issue this until you've paid in full. Once you've got that reference, go onto the virgin website, manage my booking, and then you can select your seats. Should be free unless you want exit row or bubble. Also there's no guarantee you'll be together. They'll try to keep you together, and they have to if you've got an under 12, but "together" could be behind each other/across the aisle from each other.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
You should get an airline reference about 11 months out - however some travel agents might not issue this until you've paid in full. Once you've got that reference, go onto the virgin website, manage my booking, and then you can select your seats. Should be free unless you want exit row or bubble. Also there's no guarantee you'll be together. They'll try to keep you together, and they have to if you've got an under 12, but "together" could be behind each other/across the aisle from each other.
Thanks for your help. I'd imagine they won't be keen to give the ref until paid in full. Do you happen to know what the seat layout is on the planes? Only ever flown TUI before

Thanks
jennaba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Setguru is your best bet for seat layouts. It will depend on the flight but on seatguru they tell you which are good seats etc.
Old 3 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Orlando flights are usually on a 747 aircraft, which are a 3-4-3 configuration in economy, and towards the back as it’s narrower it’s 2-4-2.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Setguru is your best bet for seat layouts. It will depend on the flight but on seatguru they tell you which are good seats etc.
Sorry, beg to differ, but I find Seat Guru next to useless for seating plans, especially for BA.

For BA try thebasource/

For VS try thevssource/
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Went with charter last year. As soon as flight locator number was Available they emailed it , approx 11 months out etc then you can view the seats via manage my booking
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Sorry, beg to differ, but I find Seat Guru next to useless for seating plans, especially for BA.

For BA try thebasource/

For VS try thevssource/
Hadn't see this site before so thanks for link! I actually only use SeatGuru for Virgin so never had issues but good to know there is something similar out there.

Edited at 07:47 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked with Charter Travel and got the flight reference number at around 7 months out. I hadn't paid in full but I did have to contact them to get it. It does say in the small print if your booking confirmation 7-8 months so if you don't hear e mail them.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by jennaba View Post
Thanks for your help. I'd imagine they won't be keen to give the ref until paid in full. Do you happen to know what the seat layout is on the planes? Only ever flown TUI before

Thanks
We booked with Virgin Holidays and the Virgin Atlantic flight refs were available on the website when the flights are confirmed about 11 months out. We were able to book our seats on the VA web-site and we haven't paid up our balance yet !

I would check with Charter when they will have the VA refs for you as you should then be able to go to the VA website and book your seats there
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List