Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Mar 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Large table for 12 ?

Hi all,

We are travelling to WDW over New Years for an extended family trip to celebrate my uncles 60th birthday.

He wants us to have a nice birthday meal either onsite or offsite, and has a few places in mind - Le Cellier, The Boathouse, Paddlefish, STK, Longhorn Steakhouse, Texas De Brazil, Jacks Place, Ovation.

Does anyone know if any of these places have a nice large round table where we can all sit together?

Whilst he wants to have a nice meal, in a nice setting - I think it’s more about having a ‘good steak or good whatever’ rather than needing anything particularly ‘posh’ 👍

(We usually just travel as a foursome so haven’t got a clue about larger parties).

Many thanks for any recommendations.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Of the list you've mentioned we only have experience of Longhorn and Ovation. We go to both regularly and often see tables made up for large parties but they are always made up in line say four or five a side and maybe one at each end. Can't recall seeing large round tables at either.

I recall some corner round booths in Longhorn but maybe five would start to feel cramped

Mick

Edited at 01:26 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I have just made our ADRs for a party of 9. there are a lot on Disney that you will need to call direct as they will not show up on MDE if over a certain party size (call Disney and they will give you direct numbers) we wanted Yauchtsman for a couple of nights and we ended up having to book 2 sepearte bookings and the CM put a note to link the bookings (not gaurenteed together but fingers crossed) as yauchtsman doesny allow bookings 9+ … ypu may eed to check the other Disney ones .. if you go on MDE and try making a booking for 12 it will only bring up limited amounts
Lisa x
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I have just been on and checked MDE .. I check for sept 8th as that the lastest I could get and none of the Disney ones are available for a party of 12 but were available for parties of 4 so I am assuming you would need to call as there may be restrictions.
Lisa x

also new years is a crazy busy time so please make ADRs otherwise it will be near impossible to get everything you may want.

Lisa x
Old 3 Mar 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you both. Yes, whatever we book for Disney will be booked at 180 days out, but I think we might save the big meal for all of us for offsite - we love Longhorn, so hopefully they can accommodate us 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you both. Yes, whatever we book for Disney will be booked at 180 days out, but I think we might save the big meal for all of us for offsite - we love Longhorn, so hopefully they can accommodate us 👍
I'm not in the restaurant business but I would imagine that a round table of that size which may be used only once a week would "sterilise" too much space where tables for 2 and 4 could be and probably get more customer turnover.

Been thinking of our other favourites such as Texas, Manny's, Carrabba's and Bonefish and as I recall all the larger parties seem to be around long tables.

Good luck with your research

Mick
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I have been sat at round tables on occasion at non-chain restaurants but they are usually for 6. I cannot imagine a table for 12 (other than maybe at a private reception). Too big and too much space. When I go out to eat with my 3 children, spouses and grandchildren the 9 of us are usually at a long table made by pushing several 2 or 4 tops together.

Is there a reason you want a round table? It may be next to impossible in a US restaurant.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Is there a reason you want a round table? It may be next to impossible in a US restaurant.
Thank you everyone 👍

I’m not sure, my uncle mentioned it this morning - I suspect as it’s easier to speak to everyone if you are at a round table (you can’t speak to those at the opposite end very easily on a long one). But I might suggest we do a bit of a seat swap after every course, so that we all get to chat with one another! 😁
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you everyone 👍

I’m not sure, my uncle mentioned it this morning - I suspect as it’s easier to speak to everyone if you are at a round table (you can’t speak to those at the opposite end very easily on a long one). But I might suggest we do a bit of a seat swap after every course, so that we all get to chat with one another! 😁
I used to work for a medium sized construction company where there was a regular Chairman's dinner held in the boardroom. They had that same process of moving round the table after every course.

The only trouble in a restaurant might be "who ordered the medium rare filet - and where are you?"

Mick

Edited at 09:01 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

One option might be appetizers in the lounge, entrees in the dining room and dessert at another restaurant, home. I had the same thought at Mick. 12 is a large group to get orders perfect. Moving around may make it impossible. It depends on how the group would feel if orders were a bit muddled.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List