Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Free dining for 2021

Hi

Just in case this will help anyone

I had to speak with a cast member today about something else but mentioned that we are thinking about postponing our trip to next year and asked if they are expecting a free dining offer

She said that she thinks there will be some sort of offer but not sure what it will be as they have now added a 4th dining option she also seemed to think that until they have an opening date for the park the offer would not be released.

I then asked if we moved our booking now to 2021 without the free dining offer and it became available at a later date could we then add this on, she said it would probably be possible but there may be a charge for doing it
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
Hi

Just in case this will help anyone

I had to speak with a cast member today about something else but mentioned that we are thinking about postponing our trip to next year and asked if they are expecting a free dining offer

She said that she thinks there will be some sort of offer but not sure what it will be as they have now added a 4th dining option she also seemed to think that until they have an opening date for the park the offer would not be released.

I then asked if we moved our booking now to 2021 without the free dining offer and it became available at a later date could we then add this on, she said it would probably be possible but there may be a charge for doing it
The 4th DDP option was announced months ago, so nothing new there. As to free dining, the CMs who answer the phones know as much as we do until the time it is released. They are probably just making a guess based on past history of offers. We have had this before when people speak to the reservations CMs.

There maybe an offer but like you say we won't know until the parks are open.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

The CM I spoke to thought there would be good offers for next year, just not released yet. In fact he thought they would be better than normal.
The US is about to go into economic meltdown, it may be hard to keep their numbers up without offers.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
The CM I spoke to thought there would be good offers for next year, just not released yet. In fact he thought they would be better than normal.
The US is about to go into economic meltdown, it may be hard to keep their numbers up without offers.
It all depends what Disney decides to do and whether the parks can get to anywhere near full capacity with social distancing and without a vaccine.

In 2008/9 the offers were pretty incredible (as was the exchange rate lol) - we got 2 weeks at SSR inc park tickets and dining for £1350 each (Disney charged £1900 for hotel etc and VA flights for £800). I doubt we will get that level due to the fact they won’t be able to operate full capacity.

In my view Disney May need to mothball some of the hotels or blocks in the larger resorts to maintain social social distancing. This could then create a shortage of rooms, rather than a glut.

In saying this I do think there will be an offer, I don’t expect it until
July (I think it may launch at about the time the normal offer reduces the gift card from $200 to $100.

For us Brits (and my biggest worry) is that there might not be the flights available to take us. Airline capacity isn’t going to increase overnight and will take time and will only do so once social distancing is no longer critical (i.e. when there’s a vaccine or you can prove you’ve had it and are immune). Any available flights will likely be expensive as demand may outstrip availability - especially from regional airport.

VA and BA have announced huge staff reductions - even if demand explodes overnight it’ll take years for them to be in a position to ramp up capacity and take back on the staff released.

I hope I am wrong about the airlines.

Take care, stay safe and let’s hope we all can soon get back to our happy place
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

I honestly don’t think CMs have a clue when or what offers are coming out and are just speculating.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I honestly don’t think CMs have a clue when or what offers are coming out and are just speculating.
Would agree with that completely. Frankly I'm not convinced either of the "Bobs" even know right now what the offers for next year will be and when they will be released.
nth09 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Someone posted the other day that a TA had told them it was being released on the 14th, obviously it was a different month! Seriously I don't think any one has a clue, I've said on other posts, that currently Disney has bigger problems than a UK FD offer & it's easier for CMs to say that they expect it soon rather than we don't have a clue IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I think it’s interesting to see what’s happening in the US, disney had a free dining offer available to any US reservations which were cancelled due to the temporary closure. Guests had until 30th May to book that and they’ve recently pulled it early, there are now limited booking offers available similar to the UK.
I think they are being sensible and taking a wait and see approach - it’s unknown at the moment how many people will come. They’ll only release an offer when they need to, and if I was disney I would be taking this approach.
Appreciate it’s still frustrating though seeing as a lot of people would prefer to move their date to 2021 but only with free dining. I know if we need to move our dates to 2021 without a free dining offer, we will be downgrading to the All Stars for sure.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
thesavorys
Looking for my Ears

A new offer has appeared for Easter 2021, so they can't be too shy to post stuff It's just one of those "These Dates, These Tickets, These Flights" deals

I suppose in some terms it's not really an offer just a specific vacation package but maybe its good news that they are trying to sell vacations?

Edited at 10:54 AM.
thesavorys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by thesavorys View Post
A new offer has appeared for Easter 2021, so they can't be too shy to post stuff

I suppose in some terms it's not really an offer just a specific vacation package but maybe its good news that they are trying to sell vacations?
What offer? I don’t see one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List