Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I think a park or gardens would be a nicer option, National Trust gardens are opening now as well.
We wanted to do the botanical gardens in sheffield but their loos are shut. I've looked at loads more but none say their toilets are open for sure
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
renishaw-hall/find-us/

You can book in for the afternoon, not too far off the M1

Another place that comes to mind from my childhood in Sheffield is Clumber Park but haven't looked up their restrictions.

Jill

Edited at 10:58 AM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I don't the area or how accessible it is for you all travelling-wise, but Rother Valley Country park looks nice. It also says the toilets are open.

The toilets are open during opening hours and are being cleaned regularly throughout the day and may be closed for cleaning during the day.

Reviews mention people walking dogs.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Hardwick Hall isn’t far from J29, and has toilets open, you have to book though...
nationaltrust.uk/hardwick-hall

Dogs welcome too

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 11:12 AM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

How about Hardwick Hall? The stableyard toilets are open and they allow dogs.

djewkes beat me to it
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I don't the area or how accessible it is for you all travelling-wise, but Rother Valley Country park looks nice. It also says the toilets are open.

The toilets are open during opening hours and are being cleaned regularly throughout the day and may be closed for cleaning during the day.

I think this will be perfect thank you!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Could there be a zoo nearby. They usually have lots of outdoor space with toilets open, however it might be costly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Rother Valley open, Ice cream van only taking card payments. Car park shuts at 6pm, they are limiting number of cars into car park think it was 140, so not sure how full its getting with cars, know plenty are parking on the estate cos we had to have the police out due to them blocking the road and cars not able to get up. I live on the doorstep of Rother Valley, last couple of weekends Jet skis have been out on the lake.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Could there be a zoo nearby. They usually have lots of outdoor space with toilets open, however it might be costly.
Not sure Zoo's allow you to take dogs in.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post

I went on Saturday. Was packed on a weekend. They charge £5 to park. The ice cream vans are operating. I didn’t go to the toilets as I wasn’t sure if they were open.

Takes a while to walk round. We did both lakes. Think it’s about 6 or 7 miles. My family were on bikes and I was walking. I couldn’t keep up. They do allow dogs. It’s a nice walk it’s easy with a pram too.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List