Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Can't you just book a cheap resort onsite and buy the dining plan or are Disney stopping it altogether?
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

All dining plans and offers currently removed.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

It sounds like if you could pay for the dining plan so you have everything paid and included before stepping on the plane then you'd both be happy? I don't know about your situation, maybe you already work but could you do some online work. We have people here who do online surveys, matched betting, work for the likes of Lionbridge and Appen etc to fund Disney trips... Might be something to consider then if dining plans go on sale you could purchase a plan, if they don;t you'd have a pre-paid card with a grand or two on it so food would still feel ''free''. I didn't realise you wanted Disney in my previous responses, I thought you both were on the same page.

Just to back up my suggestion, I started matched betting in January and after Royal Ascot last week I now have £3,000 and I also earn about £350 a year doing surveys. I also work for Lionbridge and earn £520 a month doing 10 hours a week. Those are all my 'side hustles' on top of full time job but they allow us our 2 holidays a year.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
It was £3400 I think. I was hoping it would be around £2000 as that’s about the difference we would pay for cheaper resort. That was even just having only QS some days
Can I ask which options you used? Did you choose the most expensive places?

I just used that calculator for my family of 4 all over 10, with 2 meals a day 14 TS meals and 14 QS meals and it came to $3520 which is £2850.

I also done a bit of research a few weeks ago and looked at each restaurants menu and picked 4 meals I knew we would like and added it all up. Again lots of TS in there and character meals and it came to £2700.

So I think 3 adults should be able to eat in Disney for around £2000ish
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Will you have a car? Eating offsite will be much cheaper and better quality in my opinion.
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Gizzypop I used the restaurants we go to - the Italians, coral reef, T. rex etc

Keith - no car and not wanting to go off site.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I tried to work this out for the two of us, both adults not heavy drinkers, here goes nothing .
2x 3 snacks a day ( bottles of water are about $5 each) so that’s about $30 x 10(length of stay ) =$300 then add
Quick service meals no add ons 2 X Approx $25 X 10 ( again length of stay)= $500 then factor in sit down meals so 2x$65 (No Alcohol )plus tips average of 20% =£156 x10 = $1560 Allow $200 for alcoholic drinks plus tips 20% and you get $2600 . So you can see how the money they make soon racks up for them. No wonder they cancelled the dining plans! The average family of 4 and more is going to spend quite a bit on food and drinks ( remember kids 3-9 dine for less but still need waters juices and snacks). Then you can get an idea where the pricing is hitting families hard right in their wallets and purses.
We stop onsite and don’t leave the bubble. We have in the past. Didn’t find the food that much better. We did find some amazing food at Publix though if you want to save some serious money Target and Walmart are good too. So if you hire a villa you can eat well for much less.

Edited at 06:13 PM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If you don’t want to go offsite at all, you are trapped in the Disney Gimme All Your Money Machine. Budget for thousands.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve eaten for £2000 and less (4 of us all adults) when we’ve stayed at a value resort without free dining, we don’t have a Disney table service each day though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Get a villa, use Uber and lyft, plenty of options for eating out then! You really don’t need a car if you choose the right area! I suggest Formosa gardens area... Windsor hills, sunset lakes , Lind fields etc
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List