Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
It’s a shame isn’t it, such bad manners and lack off care for others. If someone is kind enough to take in a delivery, surely it’s only right that the parcel should be collected promptly😳😳
Maybe this thread should be merged with the 'what annoys you most about other people' one?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
When I used to live at home with my mum, we had this neighbour who didn’t work and she was at home all day. Quite often though she wouldn’t answer the door and take in her parcel and we would have to take them in for her. She would get her partner to knock on for them once he was at home and he would quite often say that she had been in bed watching tv, that’s why she didn’t take the parcel herself...baring in mind too that our door and their door were side by side and the fact she wouldn’t even get them herself.

They knocked once on our door at around 7am and woke us up because she hadn’t answered the door, I did ignore it that one time as I was annoyed at being woken up!
Crikey did you live next to me and my ex-neighbour
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I dont blame you either, we were asked to take in a parcel for our neighbour and I really object to doing anything for them as they ignore our requests for them not to have their dog barking at all hours. And they had a party in the garden with people from other counties during lockdown but their attitude doesnt surprise me!

Anyway under the circumstances and the fact that the delivery driver is at our house a lot I agreed to take it for the drivers sake but said to leave it in the porch and we just dropped it round when they got back. When this is all over however I have no intentions of helping them in any way whatsoever!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Maybe this thread should be merged with the 'what annoys you most about other people' one?

Ha! I just had the same thought!😅
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Were we live that would never be a problem. We always take in parcels for each other even offer to take them in if we notice a delivery man not getting an answer. All delivery people are happy to place the parcel on the floor. We take them in and drop them off. On a Monday we put each other’s bins away. No ones bin is left out in the whole street.
I suppose it’s down to how your neighbourhood is. Iv lived in towns down south were people living in the same road won’t say hello. Up north I would be shunned for ignoring them. It’s nice to be nice as my parents taught me.
Not all “down south” are the same; I’m glad to say we live in London & the following happens on our street:
We've taken our neighbours parcels in & they've taken ours in.
We’ve dropped their parcels off & they’ve dropped ours off.
We put our neighbours bins in & they’ve done the same for us.
We have their telephone numbers; they have ours.
We all let each other know when we’re going to be away so extra attention is paid to putting bins back & pushing post fully through letterboxes etc.

Edited at 11:21 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Tell them to use the local Amazon locker. We have one in our co-op. DH used it loads until we started working from home.
DH still insists on quarantine for parcels and letters.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve always lived down south in a mixture of areas, middle class areas with mostly SAH Mums was actually the problem ones for it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m the only stay at home parent on my street
Always getting parcels for other people
A set of flat
Packed wardrobe once!
I don’t mind but it ticks me off if they don’t come for them when they get in and leave it days
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

We've had a similar situation with some neighbours parcels, we we constantly getting parcels for some neighbours a couple of doors away as we are the only ones who have someone in for most of the day. They would take a few days to collect them or we would end up taking them round to the neighbours , well of course we were starting to get bit fed up as they never said thanks for looking after the parcels so eventually we have started to turn away the parcels and since there's no one else able to take them they end up going back to the depot.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s stupid, I don’t blame you if they are abusing it, with amazon distributors you can specify the day of delivery on most things - they could have specified the day the were due back!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List