Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shell1970
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Was this a flight only, It seems a bit early for Virgin to be cancelling flights.

Hank
Yes it was flight only.
shell1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well fellow October goers thats me officially out. Canceled my universal hotel and called disney today to cancel...turns out you can't do it over the phone you have to email.
I was so optimistic until recently and disney have just cut park hours and with the uncertainty coming from Cyprus it was just too much. Hoping BA cancel our flights to Tampa soon.
I don't think we will be returning to wdw before 2024. What with work, wanting to buy a house etc. May see if I can get a paris trip at some stage.
To say I'm gutted is a total understatement

Fingers crossed for all you still hoping to go.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by shell1970 View Post
Yes it was flight only.
Thank you for your reply

Sounds like my Flight 20th October is not looking good

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Magicmethere
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread but if it helps anybody, I called Disney today as my final payment is due in two weeks. They said that they are allowing final payment to be pushed back until 35days out not 8weeks. If I pay, I can then cancel and get full refund, move it to next year and keep $300 dollar gift cards but not 10%discount without an amendment fee.

So for us that means a bit longer to see what’s happening with ba flights, travel advice etc
Magicmethere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We have flights booked with BA FOR October 15th LHR-MIA. Had an email the other day which made my heart flutter, but it was just a small time change, and looks like they have changed the plane too as our seats have been changed also.

Our villa is already cancelled and we do not have park tickets so the best case for us now is a cancellation or that they extend the free change to cover October, which I am pretty sure will happen, I'll find somewhere to go before April 2022 with the credit!
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Only thing we’re waiting on is delta to cancel flights, flying Lhr-Detroit-Tampa on 21st October, eagerly awaiting an email 🙂
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess104 View Post
Mine also, looks like same flight as you.
Wish it would just get cancelled but mines as a package with virgin holidays
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs4kids View Post
We have flights booked with BA FOR October 15th LHR-MIA. Had an email the other day which made my heart flutter, but it was just a small time change, and looks like they have changed the plane too as our seats have been changed also.

Our villa is already cancelled and we do not have park tickets so the best case for us now is a cancellation or that they extend the free change to cover October, which I am pretty sure will happen, I'll find somewhere to go before April 2022 with the credit!
We're in a similar predicament. Definitely not going to go in October (9th) so have moved everything but waiting on BA to allow us to move our flights

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast

Edited at 05:22 PM.
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Wish it would just get cancelled but mines as a package with virgin holidays
Ours is flight only, rearranged from March when it was cancelled. Booked through Kenwood travel have had an email to see if we still want the flights or we can rearrange dates, so hopefully flights will be cancelled soon. I see this as a way of trying to keep the money by rearranging before cancellation comes along.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are waiting with fingers crossed for news about our flights LHR-Mia with AA 1st Oct
and MIA-LHR with BA 15th Oct
Really hoped these are cancelled.
Keep getting emails but it’s just time changes and nothing drastic that I can ask for refund
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List