Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Colin Bell, what a player I idolised him has a kid, many years later my wife took a suit to the Dry Cleaners. She said I dropped it off at a Dry Cleaners in Hale, it was his business I went to pick it up and he served me to be honest I was dumbstruck I wanted to tell him how much pleasure he had given me in my younger years but I could not get the words out.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

George Best - first saw him at home to Chelsea in 1964 and was soon obsessed with him (still am!)

Me and DW were in London for the weekend for the 1990 Cup Final - we were doing a bit of sightseeing on the Saturday morning just off Baker Street, when DW whispered to me to see who was walking towards us. I looked up and there was my hero! I was dumbstruck, he walked past and was gone. DW then reminded me we had a camera in our bag and we could've asked him for a photo, if only I hadn't bottled it.

Ten minutes later, we turned a corner and he walked past us again, same result 😢

For all that, I feel privileged to have watched him so many times through his golden years.
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Islanders
slightly serious Dibber

Trevor Francis, Birmingham City
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Luther Blissett
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Emlyn Hughes. My uncle took me to Old Trafford to see Man U play Liverpool. Emlyn scored and lit up the pitch with his huge smile. Been a Liverpool supporter from that moment on.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Gary linekar at the euros - was it 1990 ?
More recently, it was frank lampard, nothing to do with his legs of course but secretly I’ve got a soft spot for jamie redkndpp ! 😍😍

Edited at 01:54 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

As a rugby fan/ retired player, not that keen on Wendyballers.
However Norman ( bite your legs off) Hunter would have been a great odd shaped ball player.
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

Another one for Davie Cooper of the famous.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Kenny Dalglish, Celtic
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Steve Coppell at MUFC

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List