Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Dec 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

No I’ve not had a cold. I was unemployed up until last week and my partner has been working from home since March.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I had one in October which started with a very persistent cough. Covid test came back negative. Working in a school, I tend to pick up 2 or 3 a year but so far this school year- just the one.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I had one at the end of August that was awful. I usually get one as schools go back, just before Xmas and end Feb/beginning of March so the 1st one was a couple of weeks early this year. Not had another one yet though.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Yes, went to the BL in London in August and came back with a horrible cold. It kicked off bad allergies and I couldn't shake it for over a month, at which point I requested my prescription hayfever meds and nasal spray and finally felt better after 6 weeks.

Better than covid though!
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes, a couple. Pretty much as soon as we went back to work in school in August. Tickles in the throat a couple of times over the past few months too. Including now, though that is the standard, it hits the holiday and the cold hits you.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We’ve all had a stinking cold, and I am just getting over laryngitis
Sadly these things still exist but due to people distancing and better hand hygiene it isn’t so prevalent

Edited at 09:41 AM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I have not had a cold since February. DD is a teacher and usually had a cold of some sorts every school holiday, but this year has only had 1 spell of feeling a bit poorly
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yes, I’ve had a few. The first one resulted in me having to go for a Covid test because I had a really sore throat that made me cough all the time😟.
I work as a community nurse so it’s not surprising that I’m still picking up cold but I think I’m getting less probably because everyone is wearing a mask.
I can’t say it’s because of hand hygiene there are still some grotty people out their who go to public toilets and walk straight past the sink🤢
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Yes, I’ve had a few. The first one resulted in me having to go for a Covid test because I had a really sore throat that made me cough all the time😟.
I work as a community nurse so it’s not surprising that I’m still picking up cold but I think I’m getting less probably because everyone is wearing a mask.
I can’t say it’s because of hand hygiene there are still some grotty people out their who go to public toilets and walk straight past the sink🤢
There’s always going to be scuzzers! But on the whole I think the nation has got better at it. Thankfully I haven’t been in public toilets for several
Months!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes we’ve still had them in our house.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List