Notices

Old 2 Jan 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Gattlinburg and Pigeon Forge

I am in the early stages of planning this trip for late October, a small group of timeshare members are planning their yearly meet up and I keep meaning to join them.

As it is in an area that I want to visit it was too good to miss, so far I have booked 3 nights in Pigeon Forge and just trying to work out how long to stay for before booking the rest of the nights.

Flights are a challenge as no one flies direct to Knoxville which is the closest airport. Now if I conquer my fear of driving over there it does give me other options. However a flight to Atlanta is expensive with Virgin at present.

I want to go to Dollywood and up the smoky mountains - there are so many things I want to do that it could cost a fortune and take too long.

There are a number of zip lines, mountain coasters, trips up the mountains and attractions in the towns - where do I start
Old 2 Jan 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I'll be following this with interest. As per other thread we've booked a stay in Gatlinburg. It's in a hotel/motel for 7 nights, so hopefully that will give us the opportunity to visit the National Park as well as enjoying Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

I have been watching loads of YT videos on the area.

There's a lot of stuff to do there, so it is a bit overwhelming. At the moment I'm thinking about a couple of drives/walks in the National Park, Ripleys Aquarium, Anakeesta, possibly Dollywood, crazy golf, 1 or 2 mountain coasters and a visit to a Moonshine tasting.
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I want to rent a log cabin there as well as do memphis Nashville chatenooga and maybe over to South carolina
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
Is there a cable car anywhere in the Smokies
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Is there a cable car anywhere in the Smokies
Anakeesta and Ober Gatlinburg both have cable cars.
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

This looks fantastic and something I would love to do. I’ve had a look at flights into Atlanta and they seem quite dear.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
This looks fantastic and something I would love to do. I’ve had a look at flights into Atlanta and they seem quite dear.
We’ve booked flights into Washington DC for a circular tour. Don’t know how that compares flight price wise.
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We’ve booked flights into Washington DC for a circular tour. Don’t know how that compares flight price wise.
Thanks I’ll look at that too. Sounds great 👍🏻
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We stayed in a log cabin between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on 2017 and had booked to go to another one last year but due to COVID have switched to this year. Hopefully I’ll write my first trip report during this lockdown, but I failed last one so don’t hold your breath!
There’s a cable car in Gatlinburg that now has a sky view platform or bridge thing, and we also did the alpine coaster outside Pigeon Forge which is brilliant fun! Did horse riding at Sugarlands stables which was good and saw a bear on our way down. Drove to Cades Cove, and had a night in Nashville for a Shawn Mendes concert for my daughter’s birthday.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Not sure whether i can fit this in next year as just rebooked Washington and will need to go to Orlando as i have an AP for universal that i will be using this December.
Though as i have nearly spent £10K on my credit card i should have enough points to get in a reward seat so you never know.
I still have plenty of annual leave to book so that shouldnt be an issue