Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
we are booked for the last 2 weeks of august but contemplating not going and re booking for next year. we was due to go last year and had been booked from feb 2019 but not sure i can handle wearing a mask in the heat.
Oh right yeah didn’t think about wearing a mask during the heat LOL
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Do people think places like Spain turkey etc will be happening in July/august ?...I might move our Disney holiday for a 4th time 😳..to 2022 and just have a nice week away in either Spain turkey
Ugh don’t know if I can’t do Disney il probably want to do a small west coast trip always been a dream to go San Francisco
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We've got August booked.

We'll be going if at all possible regardless of restrictions as YOLO, but to be honest I really can't see it happening. At the moment I just can't see USA travel on the horizon at all.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
3rd time lucky 🤞🏼
Although, each day is looking more and more unlikely. We never thought that we wouldn’t be able to go at Xmas when we rebooked. My husband needs this holiday to keep him going through this stressful time, I’m hoping for a miracle
I hope so, it’s a lot right now. Hopefully we all get to have at least a good holiday this year
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I do think the USA will open back up this year, its just a matter of when.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I have resigned to the fact I won’t get for my March trip will just wait for flights to be cancelled and get my refund, however I’m fairly optimistic for my November trip and am starting to think about my 2022 trips when I’m hoping we will be back to more of a normality
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Do people think places like Spain turkey etc will be happening in July/august ?...I might move our Disney holiday for a 4th time 😳..to 2022 and just have a nice week away in either Spain turkey
I live in Spain and to be honest I don’t think so, not until the virus reduces considerably and I suspect either a vaccination or negative covid jab will be required. As it stands at the moment non EU country residents cannot not enter Spain unless usually resident here... but it’s only an opinion and not based on anything but feelings.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

One of the latest stories on the news here (in whatever space they can cram between trump nonsense) is just how poorly the vaccine rollout is going. The US has more vaccines on-hand than ability to safely distribute and get them into arms.

The soon-to-be-former administration was singly focused on developing vaccines... nobody gave much thought to education, budget, logistics, training, mobilizing, etc. So whatever projections you may have heard about the US getting back to normal - I'd suggest adding a few months.

Hopefully once we have a real President installed in just 15 days things will slowly start improving with the new competent team in place. But if you are hedging bets whilst planning trips here (especially to a hot spot like FL) you may want to think longer term vs. the shorter term.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have 2 trips booked, last 2 weeks in august and a week at the end of October. Before Christmas I was certain we would be going on both, now I’m not sure about either

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m booked for 21st June for 3 weeks. Not feeling hopeful at the moment.