Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Yes. Foreign nationals can not fly to the US if they have been within the UK in the preceding 14 days.

US nationals can.
Ah ok. So basically nothing has changed for us then. I was reading it that we'd be able to fly without having to go via another country.
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for my August trip but there’s no way we’ll go if we have to stay in our hotel room for 5 days. 🤞🏼 This is just temporary!
Exactly this. My trip is only for 10 days. Im not paying to spend 7 of those in a hotel and and only have 3 days to do all the parks!
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

You would hope that for as long as these requirement on entry are in place the FCDO advice against travel will remain thereby hopefully triggering cancellation of flights etc.

Always worried about falling into that trap of having the flight able to go but still needing to quarantine on arrival.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I hope your right... I'd love to have an idea of when my girls can come over
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They already announced this for those travelling from the UK over two weeks ago: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

UK nationals can enter the US now, and have been able to throughout. I have a friend, a UK national who lives here in Sussex, having a grand old time on holiday in Miami right now.

He went via the Caribbean as his two-week stopover en route.

Tough life.
Bozza, where are we able to go through now? I thought the supply of transit countries had more or less dried up as we were thinking of doing this.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Bozza, where are we able to go through now? I thought the supply of transit countries had more or less dried up as we were thinking of doing this.
I've not really kept up with things, so I *think* this is still correct, but do your own research etc.

You can travel from anywhere but:
- China
- Iran
- European Schengen area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
- United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
- Republic of Ireland
- Brazil

Source >>> cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...countries.html

I might be wrong but it seems like the USA announced their "bad list" and has not revised it in the same way we did.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
When deaths fall off a cliff in vaccinated countries a lot on here will be surprised at how quickly things return to normal. The US is always prepared to accept more deaths than us anyway.

1. Biden has already said he only asks US people wear masks until Spring.
2. Fauchi says that by summer matters will be getting very much back to normal, with maybe some social distancing etc no massive crowds.
3. Fauchi says the US should be back to normal with herd immunity by Mid fall.

We see lots of scare stories about young people dying etc, but fact is overwhelming majority are old. Deaths will drop off a cliff by end of March. Then things will look a lot less frantic. I personally doubt countries will keep borders closed whilst herd immunity is achieved. Given the vaccination programme is ongoing (and manufacturers said yesterday they can produce more than first envisaged) people will drastically reduce going to hospital as well, particularly in summer.

I’d guess we will see low underlying levels and deaths which societies can tolerate in summer and travel will not then be a problem from and to countries running large scale vaccination programmes and by next Xmas (my flights are being booked this week) Covid for many of us will be mostly a bad memory.

This assumes we do not get hyper fast spreading deadly version vaccine evading before then.

Of course I’m no expert so all I can do is read stuff and guess, but there’s almost definitely a massive underestimation of how vaccines are likely to change things quickly.

Some may remember my initial predictions in this which was you won’t be going back until Dec 2022. Some called me mad at the time, saying it would all blow over. I was surprised then when things were much better in summer and became more confident , but then of course we got the mutant variant. However on the plus side, the vaccine had more efficacy and came to roll out on scale quicker than I ever envisaged when it first started.
I'd say I agree with most of that, there are a couple of opposing forces pulling the eventual end date closer and also pushing it back at the same time. As you say vaccine rollout will pull it closer, new variants push it back.

I wouldn't say that it will drop off a cliff come spring, but I too am expecting a significant dropoff. It's all about who you listen too. Early on everyone was predicting different outcomes, but as the path of the disease has played out, I've sought out people that predicted it to play out like it has, or those that have explained why their initial guess was wrong. They are most likely to be right about how it will play out from here. I've ignored politicians. Most scientific pieces predicted this pandemic to follow the Spanish flu pandemic, which basically was 18 months long.

I am expecting a bad rest of Jan and Feb, then sometime in spring things will look up, from there I think we will move forward slowly, but steadily. I think this is the last lockdown, but they will be slow to move out of it, to ensure it is the last. I'm expecting she spread to increase again next autumn, but not nearly enough to warrant a lockdown, as by then most of us will be vaccinated.
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

The way I try to retain a bit of perspective and positivity is this:

March last year it seemed like lockdown would be never ending and the ability to travel was a distant memory... even some predictions had it that Disney wouldn’t reopen ‘till 2022 🥴.

Then lockdown eased and pretty soon after I was holidaying in Greece with my family. Did we have to make some compromises? Yeah course. But even with no vaccine and no rigorous testing regime in place to facilitate travel; we got a holiday and it was epic.

Right now things are just as, if not more, bleak as they were last March - but the difference is we have a vaccine that’s much more effective than even the experts predicted and hoped for. We also have a travel industry who have worked pretty hard (on both sides of the Atlantic) to set up methods for testing before/after travel to reduce quarantine.

I do really believe that come the spring, things will seem much more positive. If we could holiday last summer without a vaccine, then I’m hoping we can certainly holiday this summer with the most vulnerable (and plenty more) of the population vaccinated.

There may be some compromises to be made still, which I totally understand some people don’t want to make when it comes to a Disney trip. But for us, it we can use up our DVC points without having to bank them into RCI then I’ll chalk that up as a win - even if we have to wear masks.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

They already announced this for those travelling from the UK over two weeks ago: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

UK nationals can enter the US now, and have been able to throughout. I have a friend, a UK national who lives here in Sussex, having a grand old time on holiday in Miami right now.

He went via the Caribbean as his two-week stopover en route.

Tough life.
Hence why I said US residents/spouses and green card holders, currently 14+ day resident Brits can't fly direct to the US.

Read of a few who've 14 day transited via other countries to get to the US, I know a couple who went via Qatar. As much as we're missing our Bokeelia winter we couldn't be chowed going via another country... I'm watching the beast from the East blizzard that'll quickly cut our village off, at least I can watch Bokeelia's sunset on the live cam.