Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Missing Cinema

I have been really missing my cinema, I had an annual pass for cineworld before covid, and would often take myself there on a quiet lunchtime with a sandwich and have a lovely long latte...

Yesterday we set the lounge up cinema style, I made a sandwich and opened up a bag of M&S sweet and salted popcorn - oh my days the smell was heaven! (This may be why I havent kost weight yet oops)

We watched Suicide Squad, as I havent seen it before, and while it wasnt the deepest film I have ever watched we enjoyed the music, and the action.

Not sure where I am going with this thread just wanted to say I enjoyed my popcorn! 😂😂😂

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

We’ve really missed cinema too, also Cineworld members and used to go twice a week on average. Then out for dinner afterwards.

No popcorn though - nasty cardboard stuff 🤢
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
We’ve really missed cinema too, also Cineworld members and used to go twice a week on average. Then out for dinner afterwards.

No popcorn though - nasty cardboard stuff 🤢
Woohooo! A fellow popcorn hater 😂 I thought it was just me 😂.

We aren’t massive cinema people, but we would love to go now! We are going to make the most of this year so once it’s open we will go and see something I think we can both go for £5 with meerkat movies so that won’t be too expensive
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Same here, I used to love the cinema in years gone by but sort of lost that with families and work and general stuff getting in the way. Now all I want to do is go to the cinema and watch a movie or two and possibly have a hot dog. I may even sneak a packet of pickled onion crisps in too hahaha 🤣

Edit: Popcorn... not for me either 🍿

Edited at 11:54 AM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I love pop corn especially salted caramel, but I have to watch the old nashers now, especially in these strange times.

Don't know if anyone saw my post yesterday, but this film on Netflix is excellent. The background concerns the occupation of Guernsey by the nazis in ww2, but its not a heavy film, its really a love story.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Disney332
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I love pop corn especially salted caramel, but I have to watch the old nashers now, especially in these strange times.

Don't know if anyone saw my post yesterday, but this film on Netflix is excellent. The background concerns the occupation of Guernsey by the nazis in ww2, but its not a heavy film, its really a love story.

Disney332
I was looking at that so I’ll now add it to my watch list, thanks.
Not a big popcorn fan here except I love Butterkist. The smell of the cinema stuff reminds me of Disney
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I thought I was missing cinema but on reflection being able to pause films when I need a toilet break, drink tea (I only drinks loose leaf tea made in. Tea pots and form china - other side its vile, and in my PJs with a scented candle lit means I very much doubt I will ever return to the cinema.

Onlnce and virtual theatre performances haven’t done anything for me so I cant wait to return to them and maybe I will do more theatre and never visit a coma again my my life

Lockdown has made me rethink what I like and really what i didnt very much (I cancelled my Curzon membership last year at first lockdown when they weren’t being very flexible so they can stick it now and I joined friends of The Old Vic instead)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I was looking at that so I’ll now add it to my watch list, thanks.
Not a big popcorn fan here except I love Butterkist. The smell of the cinema stuff reminds me of Disney
Me too - M&S the best. My old dog used to love it and even more when it got sticky. HE wanted more than me ! But the smell of it means I have to light a scented candle as it reminds me of trumps lol - makes me gag in a cinema
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I like to take my own popcorn (I still sneak stuff in, despite finding out late in life you are allowed to take your own snacks to cinema, just not hot food) not keen on the stuff they have at the cinema. The sweet and salted M&S one is divine.

I do hope that cineworld reopen eventually though.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post

Disney332
Saw that at the cinema - loved it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List