Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Shark upright owners - black marks on carpet

Hi guys

I’ve emailed Shark but wondering if anyone else had this problem & resolved it.

My Shark has 3 times now left a black mark on my carpets. 1st time I thought it was oil off the wheels & couldn’t remove with various wet products inc. a rug doctor.

This time we realise it’s a black powder similar to carbon & if wiping with a bit of kitchen towel it either removes it or disperses it so it can’t be seen. This technique also removed the original mark from months ago.

Anyone else had this & been able to sort it? I’ve tried cleaning the m/c completely inc all filters I could find to no avail. Couple of pics of the mark attached.

Cheers

Edited at 01:08 PM.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t believe I’ve just clicked on this thread as yesterday we discovered a black line stain on our carpet...it’s underneath an area where we usually have a candle burning so we had assumed it was maybe soot from the candle (although couldn’t really understand how when it’s blown out in the opposite direction). We also have Shark upright hoover so I’m now wondering if it’s from that instead 🤷🏻

Let us know how you get on with Shark!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl87 View Post
I can’t believe I’ve just clicked on this thread as yesterday we discovered a black line stain on our carpet...it’s underneath an area where we usually have a candle burning so we had assumed it was maybe soot from the candle (although couldn’t really understand how when it’s blown out in the opposite direction). We also have Shark upright hoover so I’m now wondering if it’s from that instead 🤷🏻

Let us know how you get on with Shark!
What a coincidence.

Will do. If you haven’t got it out yet, get a piece of kitchen towel and agitate the carpet fibres. It seems to disperse the soot type substance. I’ve sent shark pics of the issue today.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
What a coincidence.

Will do. If you haven’t got it out yet, get a piece of kitchen towel and agitate the carpet fibres. It seems to disperse the soot type substance. I’ve sent shark pics of the issue today.
Thanks, I’ll give that a try! I had Googled it and tried bicarb soda as thought it was soot but that didn’t seem to do anything. Luckily it’s not that noticeable and is in a corner but I hadn’t even thought it might be from the hoover.
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Haha, great minds I tried the bicarbonate too. Then a mix of I think water, fairy liquid & rubbing alcohol. Then sucked out with my rug doctor. Didn’t work.

Then 3 months later when we had the latest marks, tried rubbing the old mark with the kitchen roll and it worked.