Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a Virgin CC that we use for everything and pay off each month, this is just to get air miles. Abroad or foreign purchases we use a Halifax Clarity CC.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

3 cards, one is used abroad only (halifax), One is used on line only and one is used for everything else. I always carry 2 as a minimum (visa & mastercard) in case of issues. I have linked them to Iphone as well, so will actually use that and not the physical card most of the time.
ALL are paid off IN FULL every month via direct debit.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All of my credit cards give me points (BA, Marriott, etc). Or cashback.

Before 11 March, 2020 my credit cards were used about 95 percent of the time. It is now 100 percent.

I have had a credit card of some sort, since I was 16-years-old.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I use my credi card for everything I can and my bank pays the bill automatically every month so I never forget and I never pay any interest. I also get John Lewis gift vouchers for using my card and currently have around £150 worth.
We're the same. Money for nothing.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m going to confess to being someone who hasn’t been sensible with credit cards.
I always pay off my holiday credit cards but am not so sensible when we buy things for the house. I then always move the balance to a 0% card but don’t always pay it off before the deal finishes!
Over lockdown the balance on my credit cards has worried me. My job is secure and so is DH and we always pay off more than the minimum payments so not actually in trouble.
I’m now on track to pay everything off by March and never intend to get in such a position again. Far too easy to balance transfer again and again.
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We don’t have credit cards , by choice

But we don’t use cash either , We use our starling and Monzo cards for everything .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

2, one for going abroad (no fees etc) and another for all our purchases and earn rewards. Pay off both immediately, don’t use them to borrow money. Feels safer using a credit card.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Use our cards for everything; hardly ever used cash pre covid; almost non existent use of cash now.
DH & I each have an Amex with supplementary card for both to earn Avios & 2 companion vouchers each year.
A Halifax credit card for overseas spending.
We only have cards that give us something: Avios & vouchers or free foreign spending or an extended 0% interest free period.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by figment05 View Post
ALL are paid off IN FULL every month via direct debit.
But you don’t need to if the card is 0% interest.

When I worked at a major bank, around 25% of credit card borrowers only payed the minimum amount.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I use an Amex charge card for everything I can, will even put a paper on it.

If the shop doesn’t take Amex I use debt card.

I have a post office (now jaja) and a MBNA horizon card (used to be virgin) for abroad that has no fees. I don’t carry them as I only use them abroad.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List