Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
with one track minds

Now I as a dad of 17 & 12 year old daughters I may be watching tv differently now, but I’m really starting to notice a lot of unnecessary stuff, which I can only assume is to attract the male viewer

Agents of Shield - Seem to manage to get a shot of Quake’s cleavage into every episode

Enterprise- T’pol spends more time in the decontamination shower than anyone else and is the the only crew member who wears a skin tight outfit

Outpost on Syfy. Not much left to the imagination of any female characters outfit

There’s lots more I could mention. Do TV companies really think that they can only attract male viewers in this way?
Sorry ,what channels / days /times are these on ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
m84ourlife
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
There’s always the option to change channel or even use the on/off switch.
Or not answer invasive poll question

Edited at 11:06 PM.
m84ourlife is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
For those of us who’ve never seen any of these shows, can you post some screen shots so we can judge just how gratuitous it is?
The enterprise one I remember at the time and it was absolutely gratuitous. The actor had an automatic response to cold water being poured over her. However what should not be forgotten is that the actor who was with her equally had an automatic response to her automatic response. I will leave it at that other than to say it was probably just a single take of that particular scene.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
with one track minds

Now I as a dad of 17 & 12 year old daughters I may be watching tv differently now, but I’m really starting to notice a lot of unnecessary stuff, which I can only assume is to attract the male viewer

Agents of Shield - Seem to manage to get a shot of Quake’s cleavage into every episode

Enterprise- T’pol spends more time in the decontamination shower than anyone else and is the the only crew member who wears a skin tight outfit

Outpost on Syfy. Not much left to the imagination of any female characters outfit

There’s lots more I could mention. Do TV companies really think that they can only attract male viewers in this way?
Well, everyone knows that sci-fi is mainly watched by teenage boys and the minds of teenage boys are mostly focused on one thing.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Not saying I wouldn’t watch the programs, I enjoy all 3 I mentioned. Just something I’ve noticed recently, like I said perhaps it’s because I’m watching as a dad of teenage girls (neither of who will be allowed to date until they’re at least 30 &#128514
Wazza, you may find this appropriate

strategypage/militar...tartofcomments

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post

Will forward that to my DH - he has grounded DD aged 11 now until she is 35! The full on Burka will probably be arriving soon for her to wear on leaving the house!
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post

Loved this. I’ve threatened to play Rodney Atkins ‘Cleaning this gun’ when she brings a boy home
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Still searching for the L-shaped sheets they have on all the beds on TV.

Mens side only seems to come up to the waist whereas the woman's side up to the armpit.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Can’t be having with all that gratuitous sexual malarkey..
I am far too busy watching the video of Toyah singing ‘enter the sandman’ whist on a step machine, with her husband , Robert Fripp accompanying on guitar for the 500th time. (Worth finding).
Pure musical brilliance.. a talented pair.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Can’t be having with all that gratuitous sexual stuff..
I am to busy watching the video of Toyah singing ‘enter the sandman’ whist on a step machine, with her husband , Robert Fripp accompanying on guitar for the 500th time. (Worth finding).
Pure musical brilliance.. a talented pair.
I've just seen this reported on the news app. The report seemed to be saying lots of people were watching and praising her on how much she could move around for someone in her 60s. Based on the photos they included, I don't think that's the main reason people were watching these videos. I can think of two other reasons.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List