Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jul 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Orlando return of the newbies - Sept 2016 -Day 4 Hollywood Studios & Sci Fi

Today we were going to Hollywood Studios! I love the theming of this park even though there aren’t many rides anymore.

Our alarm was set for 6.30am and we had plans to meet for breakfast at 7.20 am in the Food Court. We showered and got ourselves ready for the day and then went down for breakfast. Craig filled up the cups whilst I got the pastries. I ended up with a cream cheese Danish mistaking it for a custard one! I didn’t enjoy this at all which is odd as I like cream cheese cupcakes, maybe it was just the fact every bite I expected custard

Lisa was hurrying us along (she is a hard task master) , so we quickly ate up and headed for the bus.

The bus to HS today seemed quiet and it didn’t pick up at Riverside, so we arrived at the park in good time.

HS was quiet there was hardly any queue at all. The CM’s warned everyone Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster was down, so we knew that everyone would be heading to TSM. They let us in and then held us after the turnstiles, people kept asking the CM’s how long will Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster would be down for (how long is a piece of string? )

It was a hot one today and there was no shade so we were relieved to finally be let in, we just followed the crowd to TSM. There was a 20-minute wait, so not too bad and we did have a FP for later that day. I don’t even mind queuing for this ride as the queue area is great and plenty to look at, plus the aircon was lovely.

Craig beat me, he got 146k and I only got 88k. Lisa, however, managed to get best in vehicle, but she is a veteran when it comes to Disneyworld, so she has had lots of practice.

When we exited TSM it was still only showing a 20-minute wait. We noticed a meet and greet with Olaf with only a tiny queue so we decided to wait and meet Olaf before heading to Star Tours. We literally waited for a few minutes’ max to meet Olaf, the CM managing the non-existent queue was lovely and he was chatting about TSM and our plans for the day. We were soon meeting Olaf and getting a lovely hug from him.

Our next stop was Star Tours, we stopped for a quick water break to hydrate and then carried on to Star Tours which was nice and quiet.

By now Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster was back up and running so Lisa, Neil and I went on that whilst Craig sat outside and kept the bags (he isn’t really a coaster fan) This was my first time on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and I really enjoyed it, I just wasn’t keen on the sensation at the beginning when you speed off.

Lisa and Neil went to use there FP for TOT, but I decided to sit this one out and keep Craig company.

We killed some time looking around the shops whilst waiting for them, we didn’t buy anything but it’s always nice to have a browse.

Once we all met back up again we headed to the Beauty and the Beast show which I loved, I would say it is my second favourite show, FOTL being number one still.

It was now time for our FP for TSM, so we headed in that direction and we were on the ride quickly. This is one of my favorite rides and we both improved this time I scored 96k and Craig 170K.

We were now feeling peckish and still had a little while until our ADR at Sci-Fi, but we decided to head over there anyway and see if we could get in earlier. We were lucky and they seated us straight away and we got to sit in a car as well which I wanted (yes I am like a child) so I was very happy.

I went with a chocolate milkshake and a Chicken BLT.

Craig had a build your own burger the conversation with the waitress went like this
Craig “Build your own burger please”
Waitress “sure, what toppings would you like”
Craig “all of them”
Waitress “All of them? Okkkkkk”

Craig does love a good burg!

Lisa had the build your own as well but just picked a few toppings and Neil went with the Veggie Shepherd’s Pie.

We all enjoyed our meal and the experience and our waitress was friendly. My milkshake was delicious as well we would 100% return.

Once we had all finished we paid the bill and headed to our FP for Great Movie Ride, I had never been on this ride before as last year it was down. I enjoyed it and glad I managed to experience it this time as there are always rumors that it may be closing.

We were done for the day after having an enjoyable morning at HS so we popped to Starbucks on the way to the bus and got another refreshing Strawberry Acai.

We caught the bus back to the resort at about 3 pm and managed to enjoy some time by the pool, it was always nice to chill out after a busy morning. I read my book and enjoyed the rays whilst Craig had a little snooze on the lounger.

We decided to catch the boat to Disney Springs tonight and have a wander around and a bite to eat.

We were always quite lucky with the boat, there was never much of a wait probably because of the resort it quite small. We arrived in Springs and looked in loads of shops but didn’t buy much.

We went to the Coca Cola store and I bought some polar bear pj’s, lucky I had my CC with me as my Magic Band wouldn’t work due to the store being so new.

We had a good browse in Anthropology but didn’t spend anything as everything I liked was fragile and I was worried it would smash when coming. I couldn’t not look in the Days of Christmas shop and I bought a few essentials such as post it notes and more Christmas baubles. We then browsed in the co-op market place and Uniqlo, I loved Uniqlo they had loads of Disney clothing at non-Disney prices but again I left empty handed.

We decided on an Earl of Sandwich again tonight, there was no queue at all so I went with the Holiday Sandwich again, it was so yummy the last time that I couldn’t resist!

Once we were finished browsing we headed for the water taxi and one was just docking so we were soon back to the resort. Craig quickly popped to the room to collect the mugs and we filled them up for the night. We were shattered tonight the heat takes it out of you so we enjoyed our Earl and then had an early night.

Tomorrow we are back at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for reading
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Great day, sci fi pictures are making me hungry!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by disjunkie View Post
Great day, sci fi pictures are making me hungry!
Ah me too, I would love that chocolate milkshake again
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ooo the chicken BLT sounds great, I love the burgers at Sci-Fi.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Yeah, it was delicious! I loved Sci-Fi will definitely be returning when we go back.