Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Original Members

How many of the old school members are still around and how many many people have you recommend this site to. We were here in the beginning (different user name) and always recommend the site to our friends who are visiting for the first time.

Also do you think the forum has changed slightly for example how many “Tell me about it” and “I’m worried sick” posts do we get these days
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mater
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Different username, but around 2005 for me

Covid happened and a few different holidays then back to Orlando in 2024.

August 2024 - Rosen Shingle Creek / Loews Royal Pacific
Mater is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Hello from a member since 2002

I will be forever grateful for the tips, advice and laughs, and I've made friends for life from this site.

We're not allowed to discuss other people's posting habits, however suffice to say I don't post on here as often as I used to.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A member since 2002.
I can’t really remember what it was like in 2002 to be honest so not sure about any changes.
I don’t start that many threads but when I do I’ve received incredible advice which has helped me no end. It’s funny because as soon as I have something that I need to find out about I immediately tell my family that I’ll post on the Disney board, and I then watch them all look puzzled!
Usually within a few minutes the answers come flying in, and I watch the family’s faces change!
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I am a ‘newbie’ as I joined in 2015, found this site invaluable for advice for our first Disney trip and each subsequent trip. I often post threads on all sorts of topics and enjoy the, usually, friendly and interesting replies and conversations I get on here. For travel advice and for support and chat with other people in the same position as me, as in a thread I started on university visits with our daughter, I feel I can trust my Dibb friends to help out.

Even my adult son and his fiancée have commented on how helpful the advice has been that I have passed on from here for their upcoming Japan trip.

I know some threads can turn a little unfriendly sometimes but in general I feel this is a very friendly caring forum which the mods should be proud of as they keep it polite and controlled. It is the only social media forum that I post on regularly that I feel comfortable to do so
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Not quite an original but at 2004 I reckon that counts. I tend to search everywhere on here when planning a trip but admit I try not to lurk when there’s no planning to do as it depressess me!
Old 5 Oct 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’ve been here since 2007. I still see names from back then popping up every now and then
Old 5 Oct 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

2008 for me! Different username though, I don’t post as much now.
Old 5 Oct 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it was 2007 for me (under different user name). I don’t see many of the names from back then pop up much any more... Vron, EGG, Dave and Lesley. Hope they are all getting on ok.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

2008 for me 👋 still same username although I always debate changing it lol
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List