Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Taking luggage on escalator instead of bag drop at MCO

We're planning on avoiding the 2nd bagdrop but wondered if there is either a staircase or "down" escalator when leaving. I don't think we'll be able to manage our cases and hand luggage in 1 go so was thinking that 2 can go up with first cases, 1 person stay there and the other person return to help with the other cases. Is that possible?
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

No. You all have to be able to go up with your luggage. You can’t do two trips.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
No you have to take everything with you and you can't come back.

We managed (just!) between us last year with 3 suitcases, 3 hand luggage bags, a Boots carrier bag, a big pillow and a 22 month old
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1975
Helping Mickey

We did this Thursday, you haven't said how old kids are? but there was a man there and he helped our 13 yr DD make sure her case was on properly.
Tink1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

We went last May and had 3 suitcases and 3 carry on bags (2 a, 2c) so couldn't get it all up in 1 trip between the 2 adults but the security guy there said there was no way to come back down to get the other bags so we had to use the bag drop. It was a nightmare. Took about 45 minutes for the bags to come out at the other carousel. We were given the wrong directions 3 times on how to get to the other carousel so that involved us going up and down lifts and stairs trying to find the right place. You can just imagine the good mood DH and I were in by this point, with DS10 and DS5 asking when we were going to get to the hotel so we could go swimming! Avoid the second bag drop at all cost if you can possibly manage it. If I'd known what we were facing I'd have made our 5 year old carry a suitcase up the escalator tbh!

Oh just remembered, we also had 2 car seats and a buggy!

Edited at 03:39 PM. Reason: Additional luggage remembered
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We didn't use the escalator and our luggage arrive at the main terminal within about 10 mins... I know others have said they had to wait a while.

There is no way I could of got everything up with the two kids.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

In my experience it’s different every time! I’ve had help before from staff who came up with us. I’ve been in the lift (which I think is no longer there), we’ve managed between us and I’ve done second bag drop which was fine. Honestly it’s luck of the draw on the day. But you can’t usually come back down and if they don’t offer to help them you’ll have to use second bag drop. I’d honestly just go with the flow as there’s not a lot you can do. I’d ask for help though if you need it as worse they can say is no!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Only thing I suggest id one of you step on the escalator with a case then the other adult put another case on each step after and then you follow at the end. The first adult needs to act quickly at the top to get each one off .

Unless its changed the staff are not allowed to help you.
Old 8 Apr 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The escalator we all remember as you exit the Customs and Immigration hall is not there. It was cordoned off late last year.

Instead you turn to the left and down a short corridor. The escalator is then on your right. We have used this in Nov and March.

However, just before the escalator and on your left is a small lift. It's the slowest lift in the States but it works fine.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Did you know that you can buy short Velcro luggage straps that hook up one suitcase to another. One person can reasonably pull 3 cases along without any problems. I've done this on escalators without any problems.