Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

last minute help

Hi everyone flights & hotel just booked for 7 july for 2 weeks 2019 for family of 4 2 adults 2 children 13 & 10 need help with ticket advice for Disney & Universal also what type of backpack and what type of camera do you recommend all help will be great
Thanks
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

We bought our tickets recently from American Attractions - great service and the cheapest at the time. They do several bundles depending on what parks you want to visit.
Cameras on phones are pretty good these days but we'll be taking a compact camera too. i also have a cheap(ish) waterproof camera that comes in useful on the wet rides and at the water parks.
HTH
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks smevs for your advice what compact camera do you recomend
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I've got a Panasonic Lumix TZ57EB which I bought second-hand but takes nice pictures. I also stretched to a Fuji XP120 waterproof camera which takes nice pictures too, in or out of the water. A lot will depend on your budget.
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
esteeds
VIP Dibber

esteeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I am a keen photographer and struggle to find the right camera to take. When the kids were younger I took a DSLR and had the neck rubbed raw from the combination of heat and camera strap. Last time I took a Panasonic LX100 and it took some fantastic photos however it does mean that you have to take a backpack as it is too big to fit into a pocket comfortably. This year we have downsized and will be using my phone. I have a google pixel 3XL and it takes some amazing photos and the benefit is I also have the internet for booking return times at Universal etc.

If you are a keen on a camera then I would recommend any of the Panasonic TZ range the TZ70 is around £200 and the TZ100 for £400 - I have used the TZ 80 and TZ100 and both were excellent cameras. Alternatively if you are looking to spend a little less then the Nikon Coolpix A10 is a super holiday camera. Easy to use and can produce some cracking photos and OK video.
1995 WDW Landstar Homes Villa | 1998 WDW Coronado Springs & Ft. Myers | 1999 WDW Key Largo & All Star Movies | 2002 Disneyland Paris Davy Crockett Ranch | 2007 Glenbrook Resort Villa | June 2008 DLP | 15 June 2009 DLP Sequoia Lodge | Oct 2010 Sunrise Villa, West Haven & Anna Maria Island | July 2013 DIBB Villa | 17th Aug.2015 Hard Rock Hotel | June 2019 - Hard Rock, Champions Gate, AMI
esteeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thank's this is all great help if you order ticket's online how quick do you get them or are they a e ticket ?
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

With American Attractions you can pay a deposit first, and then pay off as little or much as you like towards the balance. Once the whole balance is paid we got our tickets (all 27 of them) about 10 working days later. These were real Disney tickets/cards that we used to assign to our party in My Disney Experience, and real Universal and Seaworld tickets.
You will need to get your tickets assigned on MDE before you can book fastpasses, although you can still book ADR's without them.

Hope this helps.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for all your helpful advice
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst I prefer using my DSLR at most times, when in the USA I want a camera that I can take anywhere and forget that it’s with me. That includes water parks, Discovery Cove, Coasters etc etc. I also want quality photos and not to worry about breaking it.

I have an Olympus tough TG-4 (now you would by the marginally updated TG5.).
You can drop it on to concrete, submerge it up to 15m and use it. You can do what you like and it is simple to use whilst taking awesome photos... anywhere.

It costs a little more than some, but imho it is worth it. I carry it in a small lower pouch on my shorts belt or in the zip pocket of my swimming trunks when in the water.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks will check it out