Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Knock on delays post hurricane

When I checked in this morning for our LGW FLL tomorrow there was a note to say there was a delay but no other details. Checked back at lunchtime and it's showing a three hour delay due to late arriving aircraft.
Although it's a BA flight I booked it as a code share with AA so called AA who tend to be a lot more flexible under these circumstances and they've moved us to the BA LHR MIA departing at 10.30 (same time as our original flight) for no charge.
Boots order at Gatwick is cancelled, No 1 lounges have switched our mylounge booking for No 1 lounge at T3 at no extra charge (and added complimentary glasses of champagne as it's my birthday tomorrow and I was having a bad morning) and I've rebooked the car service to take us to Heathrow instead of Gatwick , BA seats booked together (we are on hand baggage fares).
I can see the LGW FLL getting cancelled completely as there's hardly anyone on it so felt far better been proactive .

Everyone was very helpful at getting the changes made.

Certainly better than twiddling our thumbs at Gatwick all morning
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We were booked to fly to FLL on October 26th and they canceled the flights about 3 months ago.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Our flight is also delayed -BA2036 meant to be departing MCO for LGW at 17.35 now estimated as leaving at 22.24! Ah well, we get another day of parks. Luckily, we picked up the car quite late so don’t have to return it to 8pm and I booked flexible tickets with National Express for our transfers home. Portofino Bay have given us late check out till mid-day. I just hope we get to fly later today.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chris7cc View Post
We were booked to fly to FLL on October 26th and they canceled the flights about 3 months ago.
Yes tomorrow is the last day BA are flying LGW FLL
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Our flight is also delayed -BA2036 meant to be departing MCO for LGW at 17.35 now estimated as leaving at 22.24! Ah well, we get another day of parks. Luckily, we picked up the car quite late so don’t have to return it to 8pm and I booked flexible tickets with National Express for our transfers home. Portofino Bay have given us late check out till mid-day. I just hope we get to fly later today.
I wonder if your flight is our delayed flight inbound ? The timings fit.
Safe travels and enjoy your bonus park day
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

I think this is where Virgin win out over BA - having less routes to cater for they seem to have more flexibility to get things back on track - todays MCO flight is on time. Putting in repositioning flights to Atlanta etc to get people back quickly

Either that or they just handled it better.
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
I think this is where Virgin win out over BA - having less routes to cater for they seem to have more flexibility to get things back on track - todays MCO flight is on time. Putting in repositioning flights to Atlanta etc to get people back quickly

Either that or they just handled it better.
It'd still be a cold day in hell before Virgin would be my first choice of carrier ! I'd honestly rather go indirect
Old 6 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It'd still be a cold day in hell before Virgin would be my first choice of carrier ! I'd honestly rather go indirect
Rather that than trust a BA strike to scupper things !
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I wonder if your flight is our delayed flight inbound ? The timings fit.
Safe travels and enjoy your bonus park day
Yes I believe it is; the inbound FLL flight due to land at LGW this morning was then scheduled to depart for MCO at 11.15; it finally taxied for MCO at 16.45!

Edited at 06:51 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Yes I believe it is; the inbound FLL flight due to land at LGW this morning was then scheduled to depart for MCO at 11.15; it finally taxied for MCO at 16.45!
Although it means we've missed out on EU261 compensation I'm happier with what we've now got as we have a cruise on Monday and plans for Sunday and it's only a short trip. If it was a longer trip I'd probably taken the hit and the compensation