Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Feb 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile 2-bed apartment for 3 nights, summer 2021 - no car!

Hi,

We’re currently in the tentative planning stages for a trip next summer and would like to sandwich a 3 night stay in between onsite stays at Disney and Universal for a bit of downtime.

Last year (on our one-time only visit &#128514 we went straight from Disney to Universal and while we had a brilliant holiday, we were a bit too shattered by the time we got to Universal to really make the most of it.

So this time around we’d like 3 nights somewhere with 2 bedrooms (for 2 adults and one 13 year old), that has good amenities, good pool to lounge around, decent breakfast and able to walk to restaurants (or short Uber) to eat in evening.

Any suggestions? We don’t plan to visit parks, but might do a bit of outlet shopping and try and arrange a trip to space centre. Mostly we want to hang out by the pool and potter about though.

TIA
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We really enjoy Vista Cay. The pool, massive jacuzzi and pool bar are lovely, and they've got a pool table and arcade things if that's the sort of thing your teenager likes.

There is a Publix next to it and a Dunkin Donuts, Subway, NYPD pizza and a couple of other bits. It's on Universal Boulevard. Not quite walking distance to I-Drive, although our friends did it a couple of times, but only a few $s in an Uber, or a Lynx bus stops on the main road takes you to I-Drive one way and Seaworld the other.
Apartments are really big and quite modern. Have a look on Air BnB for some of the better prices.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

Oh that’s great, I will have a look thank you!
Old 29 Feb 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Vista Cay was on our list when we were looking for something simialr a few years ago. We didn't end up going in the end but it got loads of fab reviews.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Vista Cay was on our list when we were looking for something simialr a few years ago. We didn't end up going in the end but it got loads of fab reviews.
Good to know, thanks for posting.
Old 29 Feb 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Vistana Villages may also meet your needs. i haven't stayed sine in was a new property but it had a very "resort" feel to it. It was also not far from a Public and shopping centers although we have always had a car. We have also stayed at Star Island on 192. The pool isn't as fancy as Vistana but it has great tennis and a good gym.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Gbnomore View Post
Hi,

We’re currently in the tentative planning stages for a trip next summer and would like to sandwich a 3 night stay in between onsite stays at Disney and Universal for a bit of downtime.

Last year (on our one-time only visit &#128514 we went straight from Disney to Universal and while we had a brilliant holiday, we were a bit too shattered by the time we got to Universal to really make the most of it.

So this time around we’d like 3 nights somewhere with 2 bedrooms (for 2 adults and one 13 year old), that has good amenities, good pool to lounge around, decent breakfast and able to walk to restaurants (or short Uber) to eat in evening.

Any suggestions? We don’t plan to visit parks, but might do a bit of outlet shopping and try and arrange a trip to space centre. Mostly we want to hang out by the pool and potter about though.

TIA

are you sure i did not write this lol
we are the same except for two bits
3 adults and 1 12 year old and we def will be visiting the parks

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
We really enjoy Vista Cay. The pool, massive jacuzzi and pool bar are lovely, and they've got a pool table and arcade things if that's the sort of thing your teenager likes.

There is a Publix next to it and a Dunkin Donuts, Subway, NYPD pizza and a couple of other bits. It's on Universal Boulevard. Not quite walking distance to I-Drive, although our friends did it a couple of times, but only a few $s in an Uber, or a Lynx bus stops on the main road takes you to I-Drive one way and Seaworld the other.
Apartments are really big and quite modern. Have a look on Air BnB for some of the better prices.

would this work if you were going to the parks?

we always believed we would need a car for here

our options are currently

floridays resort
floridays resort
or
floridays resort

maybe lake bueno vista resort and spa
oh and let me check one more resort which i saw recommended

dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Vistana Villages may also meet your needs. i haven't stayed sine in was a new property but it had a very "resort" feel to it. It was also not far from a Public and shopping centers although we have always had a car. We have also stayed at Star Island on 192. The pool isn't as fancy as Vistana but it has great tennis and a good gym.
Thanks for posting, I’ll check that one out too.
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
the grove is the other one that was recommended - it looks fabulous