Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Am I being unreasonable? - neighbour issue

I have just come home and my neighbour is excerising in the corrider beside my flat blocking the entrance/door. I asked him politely for the third time to move it outside or elsewhere and he gave me cheek.

To give some context I am in a ground floor flat. There is a main entrance and stairs then an internal door throught to the ground flats. My flat is at the end of this corridor and there is a second corrider at a 90 degree angle with a door at the end to the gardens. It's this second corrider bit he is blocking. I usually use the garden door to get in/out as less people use it and it is closer to my flat but he is blocking the door most mornings when I go for a walk/run and has to move if i am trying to get in leaving far less than a 2 meter gap.

As well as blocking the door/corrider it feels unsanitory especially at the moment as he will be sweating into the carpet. It's a narrow space so doesn't even make sense that he would want to do it there and we have big communal gardens with a large paved area in the middle if he didn't want to do it on grass.

I understand that we all have to make do at the moment but I am not asking him to do something i'm not as I am just back from a outdoor run and it's decent weather and not raining. I just wondered what other peoples thoughts were. Am I being unreasonable asking him to move?
Old 21 May 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Its a bit odd he's blocking the door as I suppose he is also blocking others not just you coming in and out
Whilst it is a pain for you, I would just alter my exercise time if I were you , he maybe just doing it as he knows its inconvenient for you .

There is nothing worse than falling out with neighbours it makes for a difficult life I would ignore him and make sure you use wipes and anti bac gel to wipes the door handles and handrails.
If you ignore him or just stand two meters from him and politely say " its ok Im waiting for you to finish "he will probably get fed up and give over
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I get it's frustrating but it's not worth the arguement if you've asked him a few times already.
As inconvenient as it is, I would use the main door for now so you avoid the confrontation.
He may even be doing it deliberately now to antagonize you!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Well it seems a slightly odd thing to do, but I wouldn’t make a fuss, he is not there permanently.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Bigger fish to fry. Just ignore it.

There are things that are unacceptable and one must confront them. This doesn't fall into that category in my view.

Mildly annoying at the worst.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Things (especially neighbours) are more annoying at the moment due to the stress.
Its not easy but best just to let things go - accept he is doing this but dont upset yourself over it.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't change my times as I am working from home and need some fresh air before I start other wise I go stir crazy during the day.

It's not just that he is blocking the door as I have been using the other one but I can't get in/out of my flat while leaving a 2m distance and that just makes me a bit uncomfortable given the current circumstance/guidance.

Some folks are just weird🤣

Edited at 10:01 AM.
sw16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I would say that you are getting stressed over something thats fairly minor under normal circs. He isnt blocking the only exit he is just at the one you want to use and he moves when you need past.

Just as you want to exercise outdoors he wants to exercise indoors, neither is correct just personal preference. I would let it go for now as much as you are within your rights to ask him to move he is within his rights to say no. Not worth the lines or heart muscle.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sw16 View Post
I can't change my times as I am working from home and need some fresh air before I start other wise I go stir crazy during the day.

It's not just that he is blocking the door as I have been using the other one but I can't get in/out of my flat while leaving a 2m distance and that just makes me a bit uncomfortable given the current circumstance/guidance.

Some folks are just weird🤣

You didnt say originally he was blocking your door, just the door you wanted to go through. How long is he there for? Surely you can alter your times unless hes there hours?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

The trouble is its communal area so you have no more say over it than he does, try not to stress about it.