Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thunderstorm

Anyone else had barely any sleep due to the storm last night?
It started here around 10.30 and was still going at 2am. First couple of hours was constant silent flickering and flashing in the sky, barely a low grumble of thunder and no rain. Then it properly got going with monsoon rain and really loud thunder. It was like being in Florida!
I’m so tired this morning.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Really wished we had one in London - the air this morning is thick and hazy with pollution. I have my patio door open and making breakfast and all I can smell if sulfur fumes. I dint venture out yesterday as was too hot and humid and already at 0700 the BBC weather sure says it feels like 95f here

Edited at 07:25 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It was a bit of a strange one wasn’t it. The sky lit up for about an hour from about 10.30 (Lancashire) with no noise or rain. Then the heavens opened as I’m stood at the back door trying to get the cat in ! We missed out on the heatwave but we had a pretty good storm !
I’m tired too but at least I’m off work today.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'm exhausted this morning. It was still going at 3.00am here. The thunder was sooooo loud and the lightening lighting up the whole sky. Can't remember ever seeing a storm like it here before.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I'm exhausted this morning. It was still going at 3.00am here. The thunder was sooooo loud and the lightening lighting up the whole sky. Can't remember ever seeing a storm like it here before.
Me neither Anne. It was the strangest storm ever wasn’t it. The lightning was just constant with barely a second between flashes. I think I probably had about 3 hours sleep.
MF, hope it cools down a bit for you today!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Nothing here overnight in Nottinghamshire. Dull n overcast here at present & fog about apparently. We off up to Clumber Park at 8.30am hope it stay exactly like it is now.
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Me neither Anne. It was the strangest storm ever wasn’t it. The lightning was just constant with barely a second between flashes. I think I probably had about 3 hours sleep.
MF, hope it cools down a bit for you today!
Work could be interesting today as doubt anyone will have had much sleep. At least I'm only in until 1.00pm
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Apparently we had a lot of thunder from 1am but I didn't hear a thing! Fast asleep
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

We were stargazing last night at 10pm and the skies were clear. I don’t know if there was a storm later, nothing woke us anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We are supposed to get the thunder storms later this morning in Edinburgh but monsoon rains woke me up around 4:30 am. I stuck my earplugs in and went back to sleep.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List