Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Dec 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

BA cancelled flight! What happens next?

Just had an email from BA stating that our outbound flight on October 16th 2021 has been cancelled! Our inbound flight and hotel are still showing on our booking but no outbound flight! Does anyone know what happens from here? I’m on hold to BA but it’s a nightmare trying to talk to someone about it!
The cynic in me thinks this has something to do with the recent price increases!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

Mine has been cancelled too (25/09/21) but I have been rebooked automatically on to an earlier flight on the same day. I'm surprised this has not happened for you too.

Let us know how you get on and fingers crossed for a good resolution for you.

Edited to add - I don't think they will cancel just to hike prices. We got flights to Las Vegas in 2019 for £250 per person with BA and I worried about it being too good to be true but they went ahead just fine.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Supersuzie View Post
Mine has been cancelled too (25/09/21) but I have been rebooked automatically on to an earlier flight on the same day. I'm surprised this has not happened for you too.

Let us know how you get on and fingers crossed for a good resolution for you.
No it’s not automatically done anything, it just says I can change or cancel but need to contact them which I’m trying to do but I’ve been in a queue for ages!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
No it’s not automatically done anything, it just says I can change or cancel but need to contact them which I’m trying to do but I’ve been in a queue for ages!
Good luck, hope you get it sorted quickly.
Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Good luck, hope you get it sorted quickly.
Thank you, I really can’t be doing with the stress today, my mum has been at the hospital all afternoon having scans for suspected advanced cervical cancer so I really don’t need all this too 😫
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

I'm sure you will get it all sorted, try not to worry. I hope your mum is ok x
Old 15 Dec 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Sorted it after being on hold for over an hour! We are now on the earlier flight the same day
Old 15 Dec 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I'm sure you will get it all sorted, try not to worry. I hope your mum is ok x
Thank you, they couldn’t complete all the scans because she was getting stressed but the CT scan has shown something (an ultrasound has already shown something) and we are awaiting the results of a biopsy but it’s not looking good 😢
Old 15 Dec 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

My Tampa flight on the 15th October has been cancelled and we have been moved to the 14th. That means my son would have to take another day off school, so I will ring and try to get changed to either 16th or the Orlando flight. Both those options were move expensive at the time of booking, if I do get changed should they honer the price I’m paying?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
My Tampa flight on the 15th October has been cancelled and we have been moved to the 14th. That means my son would have to take another day off school, so I will ring and try to get changed to either 16th or the Orlando flight. Both those options were move expensive at the time of booking, if I do get changed should they honer the price I’m paying?
Yes, there should be no extra charge. They usually just book you on what's available and suitable that you'd like. I've had it where they changed the times on a 3 leg flight and they allowed me to change to a more expensive 2 leg flight for no extra cost.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List