Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

After writing my post I remembered that 1. My car didn't turn up and I ended up going in a minibus with my bridesmaids, 2. The music went all wrong at the ceremony and the wrong tracks were played at the wrong time, and 3. The master of ceremonies welcomed us into the reception by saying please be upstanding for the bride and groom, and then called me by my sisters name!

But clearly on first thoughts I completely forgot those things and only remembered the good stuff! Even though they are memorable it's the lovely memories that come to mind first
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were married at 26 yrs old in 2001. Together since we were 16. Had bigish wedding 120 people..best part by far was when I got to top of alter and held John's hands. Will never forget that. As for the rest of it I enjoyed it but couldn't wait to get to airport to start our honeymoon. Week in Key West 10 days in Orlando and 3 nights in Vegas. The start of the Orlando addiction! Always advise people to do it small and put their money into a nice honeymoon!
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

There are lots of significant memories, but none outshine any others. We had a wonderful day and I cherish every moment. We had such a good time, we were the last to leave. We had sat talking to some of dh friends in the hotel gardens, they went home and we realised that in the quiet we were the only ones still there! We really didnt want the day to end but had one more drink from the bar with the night porter then called it a day around 1.30am if I recall. That was 18 years ago and we are still very very happy.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
littlelish0544 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
25 February 1967

The whole day was a highlight and here we are still together nearly 54 years later.

We had 60 guests for a ham & tongue salad and sherry trifle. Glass of sherry on arrival and another for the toasts. 12/6 a head. Weddings were a bit more low key in those days.

St Thomas's church in York

Mick
Mick, you look as handsome as I’ve imagined you being, although I thought you were more around 5’8” tall.

This is me and Mrs MH on our wedding day, but neither of us are still as slim as we were:

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Mick, you look as handsome as I’ve imagined you being, although I thought you were more around 5’8” tall.

This is me and Mrs MH on our wedding day, but neither of us are still as slim as we were:

Mickey

6' 1" in old money - do you like my quiff?

You make a handsome couple

Mick
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mickey

6' 1" in old money - do you like my quiff?

You make a handsome couple

Mick
Mick, I love the teddy boy quiff. It’s funny how you imagine someone to be when you fantasise over them, and I didn’t think you were so tall.

This is a more recent picture of me and Mrs MH taken about 3 years ago before we started piling the weight on:

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Mick, I love the teddy boy quiff. It’s funny how you imagine someone to be when you fantasise over them, and I didn’t think you were so tall.

This is a more recent picture of me and Mrs MH taken about 3 years ago before we started piling the weight on:

You make a lovely couple A match made in heaven.
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

You make a lovely couple A match made in heaven.
Thanks mick, we hope to get back to that comfortable weight in 2021 or at least within a few stone of it (I want our goal to be achievable).
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Obviously not the most memorable moment of our wedding but we were unlucky enough to have our wedding scheduled during England playing their opening match of the 2006 World Cup. I remember while doing the photos outside the church the amount of the male guests running back and forth to their cars to listen to the radio. Very annoying!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

We met and married within six months.

The day/evening went really well, and everyone had a great time. I remember being told to try and relax, and just enjoy the day as it would go over so quickly. That was great advice, as it did seem to fly by.

We celebrated our 30th anniversary in April.

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List