Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks for that. I understand about the flight situation if they aren’t cancelled, but it does give a bit of hope that since we booked a “holiday” not flight-only they MAY give a refund. Will sit tight and keep fingers crossed until 3 weeks before when balance is due and hope things are a bit clearer by then.
Sorry I didn't perhaps explain that very well - regardless of it being flight only or BA Holiday if the flight isn't cancelled, we don't have any regulations preventing travel etc then only a voucher will be offered. It doesn't make any difference if it is a BA Holiday. Thankfully as you say the balance isn't due until 3 weeks before and it is usually just before then that BAH would email to advise you. Unless anything changes with their systems in the meanwhile

Sorry if I confused you with my previous reply.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
At the moment there is no news about cancellations for April yet from BA. If your flight isn't cancelled then you would be offered a voucher they are not obliged to give a refund - it is only if your flight is cancelled that you get a refund of your deposit. At the moment BA Holidays have been proactive in sending emails advising that due to present restrictions under national lockdown holidays are cancelled and an automated refund is given.
This is not necessarily correct it’s certainly arguable that the contract is legally frustrated and also consumer law comes into play. There is a myth being perpetrated on Dibb now for some time that if flights go, you are not entitled to a refund full stop- even if you are banned from travelling.

As we speak the CMA are taking this up with airlines and threatening prosecution for failing to refund customers.

Read here for some further information:

gov.uk/government/news/c...s-over-refunds

Edited at 06:43 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Sorry I didn't perhaps explain that very well - regardless of it being flight only or BA Holiday if the flight isn't cancelled, we don't have any regulations preventing travel etc then only a voucher will be offered. It doesn't make any difference if it is a BA Holiday. Thankfully as you say the balance isn't due until 3 weeks before and it is usually just before then that BAH would email to advise you. Unless anything changes with their systems in the meanwhile

Sorry if I confused you with my previous reply.
Thanks.

I’m fine with having to take a voucher if I just decide I don’t want to go and the flights are going. What I was getting at is if I’m not allowed to go for a holiday, eg if there is still some sort of restrictions - whether a lockdown here saying we shouldn’t go away on holiday, or the USA borders are closed for non-essential travel, then I wondered if the fact that I booked a holiday rather than a flight made a difference. I’ll just have to wait and see, it’s good final balance is only 3 weeks before.
Do you work for BA? You sound like you know more than the public?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This is not necessarily correct it’s certainly arguable that the contract is legally frustrated and also consumer law comes into play. There is a myth being perpetrated on Dibb now for some time that if flights go, you are not entitled to a refund full stop- even if you are banned from travelling.

As we speak the CMA are taking this up with airlines and threatening prosecution for failing to refund customers.

Read here for some further information:

gov.uk/government/news/c...s-over-refunds
Thanks YT, that’s exactly the kind of thing I meant, and even more so if it’s a “holiday“ and not just a flight only.
I “could“ fly to Miami tomorrow as the flight is going but I’m not allowed to go for a holiday.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks.

I’m fine with having to take a voucher if I just decide I don’t want to go and the flights are going. What I was getting at is if I’m not allowed to go for a holiday, eg if there is still some sort of restrictions - whether a lockdown here saying we shouldn’t go away on holiday, or the USA borders are closed for non-essential travel, then I wondered if the fact that I booked a holiday rather than a flight made a difference. I’ll just have to wait and see, it’s good final balance is only 3 weeks before.
Do you work for BA? You sound like you know more than the public?
No I don't work for BA - I work for a bank. I have seen a few threads on Dibb and other forums along the same lines (too much time on my hands during lockdown I suppose reading them all ) and have a similar trip booked for March so in a similar situation so try to keep up to date with what is going on. Let's hope we hear something soon.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Even if people are unable to travel? They will loose a lot of loyal customers if they don’t. I understand that they want people to rebook as soon as possible, but I don’t see how the possibility is realistic for it to happen
Then that's when your insurance will come into play. BA only have to give a refund/voucher if the flight isn't going. If the plane does go and you choose not to go then they will say its not there problem
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
Then that's when your insurance will come into play. BA only have to give a refund/voucher if the flight isn't going. If the plane does go and you choose not to go then they will say its not there problem
As above, they may or may not say it but not so simple. This myth that airlines can ignore frustration of contract and consumer law needs to be stopped on Dibb. The CMA are looking into these practises as we speak.
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

BA told me today it could well be extended and would apply to pre existing bookings if it was.
The agent was speculating about the extension bit but not that it would apply to bookings within the new dates.

Remember as well if you use your voucher to book a Package (flight and car say, you can do this but have to ring up), due to the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regs, if say they brought in a change in quarantine there, barred U.K. entrants etc you would have the protections of a package.
Old 14 Jan 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’d love to see it extended until summer 22. I reckon there’s loads of people sitting on July/Aug 21 bookings who’d happily sponsored moving to summer 22 but may not be able to go over Autumn/winter 21/22.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I asked today to see if the free change would apply to a new booking made for Dec 21 but was told that it would be back to the old terms and conditions so you would have a fee to pay if you have to change or cancel I wish they would hurry up and extended it a bit further.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List