Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
BA- Book with Confidence good to know

Hi Folks,
Just thought I'd put my experience of this in words & hopefully prevent anyone, just like me, that wasted time:
Now it must be in there somewhere but I couldn't see it but to "Modify" a booking you can only do so within 365 days of your booking- to clarify your new flight must be within that timeframe! It's nigh on impossible to get anyone on the phonelines so you are directed to Twitter. 5 days to get a reply asking for new flight details & then a further 3 days for a reply to that to basically inform me that I would need to apply for a voucher- 8 days wasted & hopefully this post will prevent that for someone else!
Request done & voucher received in minutes, flights booked ( Voucher only up to April 2022), slightly cheaper so now I have a voucher for £16 & an existing one for £150- first cancellation- Also unfortunate that not a lot of BA flights from Scotland that don't involve London
Also worth noting that I have had to request a voucher for our car hire separately not sure if this is the same with accommodation.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Can I ask how easy it was to use the voucher to rebook?

Last time I had to cancel with BA I called as I couldn’t amend my booking online as it was flying in to MCO and out of Tampa. It took me ages to get through to someone, then I had all sorts of problems trying to explain what I wanted! They finally made the change for me, so I wasn’t sure how the voucher thing worked!
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Unbelievably very easy ! Go through the normal booking process & when you get to the payment info page, there is a box to type in your voucher number, literally as easy as inputting your payment details & I had an e-mail with the remaining £16 in minutes
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Perfect - thank you.

I was hoping we may be able to go at the end of April, but I think it’s unlikely, so was going to push back our trip to later this year. I was not looking forward to trying to get this sorted with BA, but it sounds like a simple process.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes it’s easy if you are going for just flights.

The flight voucher when I cancelled Easter last week turned up almost instantaneously- so fast I wonder if they have written a script now to automate it.

It says unfortunately at this time they cannot be used for holidays, but they can, just not online. It’s a balls ache for the rep but they book the holiday with zero deposit then have to email accounting to manually apply the voucher to the holiday.

We got through immediately last week and the agent was one of the best I’ve dealt with.

If it’s a flight only for flight only we could have requested the voucher and applied it to a new booking in under half an hour, all online.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yt I wasn't sure on the add-ons, I only really noticed when the voucher was a lot less than I knew I had paid, I then checked & saw that it was the flight only portion. Currently got a cancellation request in with Netflights as had 10 nights booked at Universal (because of the 50% Borrowing rule) but we can now get our full 3 weeks on points & although possibly losing 30% it seemed crazy to amend it, pay for the change, & keep something we didn't really need IYKWIM Likewise with our car hire, we don't necessarily need it now but it's another voucher so that will be 3 in total all to be used by Apr 2022
SD
Old 22 Jan 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Ba have been great in refunding our two cancelled holidays last year. But I just want to put this out there, as maybe a lot of people don’t know this...
About the vouchers - so we were hoping for a holiday in the summer, and a holiday in Dec to New York. I thought if I booked both, and I need to get a voucher for the summer holiday (because maybe the flight isn’t cancelled) I could then use the voucher towards the New York holiday. Wrong! You can only use the vouchers on completely new bookings. So we just booked the New York holiday, and we’ll see how it goes before booking a summer holiday.
The New York holiday isn’t covered by the voucher anyway (as it’s after aug 31st), but we don’t have to pay the balance until 3 weeks before.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
It's great that they are doing the whole "Book with Confidence" thing but the end date of Apr '22 hasn't moved since last year so it definitely limits your options. In an ideal world we would probably have moved from May '21 - May '22 but that's not an option so Sept it is ...
SD