Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
clarkyswc
Gone all Goofy

How many parks in 2 weeks

Dear All,
I am off to Orlando at the end of May 2017 for 2 weeks, with my 13 year old daughter, this will be our first visit. I am in the process of working out which parks to do on which days. I have unlimited tickets for Disney, Universal and SeaWorld (not Busch Gardens) By my reckoning this gives us 12 parks to do in 14 days. Is this going to be too much? Do I need to factor in a couple of rest days or are the water parks a kind of rest day?
Any advice from more experienced visitors will be appreciated
Thanks
Stuart
clarkyswc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

I think that's fine you could do all the parks. Seen as your daughter is 13 then I would either take 1 rest day and do your favourite park again, or take 2 rest days or do you favourite 2 parks again. Magic Kingdom and Universal/Islands of adventure are very big parks and could need another day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
14 nights is really 12 usable days. At a minimum I would do..

MK = 2
EP = 2
AK = 1
HS = 1
TL = 1
BB = 1
SW = 1
US = 1
IOA = 1
Rest day = Swimming at the hotel pool and maybe a bit of shopping at Disney Springs.

I count the water parks as a rest day as you can go in early and leave after lunch.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridad
Having Dinner with Goofy

I agree with Simon the first couple of days you will still be on UK time (body clock wise) the water parks serve us as rest days also. Just simply listen to your body if it says "rest" then do. By doing this each day will be full of fantastic Florida memories.
2008 - WDW CBR 2013 - WDW POR 2015 - WDW CBR
2017 - WDW POR 2019 - WDW POR FQ Booked
Floridad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
xrae83
slightly serious Dibber

You'll be fine. You just have to accept that in 2 weeks you can't do absolutely everything so just figure out your 'must dos'.

We didn't bother with sea world or Busch gardens but we did go to MK about 4 times. We tend to do Typhoon lagoon and not Blizzard Beach because we prefer it. We also managed universal and IOA in one (long) day.

We did a lot of park hopping too e g. Water park am, Hollywood Studios pm or Magic Kingdom am, Epcot pm etc.

We managed to fit it all in with 2 days at the beach as well.

We probably did 9 days of Disney, 1 day Universal/IOA, 2 days beach, 1 mall day (with some days as half day in the parks and the rest of the day at the mall/pool).

Hope that helps a little.

We also quite liked to do pool or mall in the am and go to a park in the evening for dinner and night time fireworks/parade.
xrae83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

If your daughter is into Harry Potter I'd allow more time for universal. Water park time is worth factoring in too and dare I say shopping mall time.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
While people often factor in " rest" days I personally dont as time is limited and there is a lot to see and do!

You have to realize that you wont get round everything in each park, even if you spend 4 days in places you would miss something out, its a lot bigger than you can imagine. For me planning is the key and a good plan can make sure that you get the most out of the short time you have.

For example I always use water parks as the " rest " day and will say go 10-3 when back to resort for a few hours then I will have planned in say Wishes at MK and a few Fast passes from 1830. So that way you are still using the full day, but having a rest and then getting to see the evening shows without having to have been in the park from 09:00-23-00.
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Stuart. Sounds like a great trip for you and DD. Where are you staying?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Depends if you want to come home feeling rested or exhilarated!

These days I'm too old to do loads of parks and can't manage more than every other day.

Deciding which to do twice probably comes down to your preference of themes / ride types. If your daughter likes thrills, superheroes and Harry Potter then Universal. If she prefers princesses, Frozen and less scary rides then Disney.

I think a 13 year old might be bored with 2 days at Epcot... You might want to park hop some of the smaller parks and will have to park hop at Universal if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
clarkyswc
Gone all Goofy

We are staying at the Cabana Bay Hotel, my daughter is Harry Potter mad, so we thought that would be the best option!
clarkyswc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread