Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jan 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneys Art of Animation any good?

Travelling to Disney in October have booked flights but unsure whether to stay in a Disney hotel or not? Have 2 young children aged 8 and 4 when travelling. We like the look of this hotel... any recommendations or opinions please?
Stay here or a villa/townhouse outside of the resort.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Welcome to the DIBB.

Though it classed as a " value" resort I think this is an ideal place for families with young children. Its got a great pool and the theme is great for younger children. You dont get a lesser service than you would in a moderate, its just more packed in to a smaller space. It is very Disneyfied, ( is that a word?) in than its quite in your face Dinsey with large characters and bold colours so older children and adults only can find it a bit full on, but kids love it.

You also get the onsite advantages such as fast booking at 60 days, the ability to charge to you room and not carry cash, free magic bands, having items that you buy deliverd to your room from the parks so you dont have to carry them, and the extra magic hours.
Old 5 Jan 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
biggbenn
Serious Dibber

biggbenn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

As far as the value resorts go its by far the best. Pools, food, facilities and theming. If the purpose of your trip is thene parks villas can be a pain in the proverbial. Onsite rocks!
Old 5 Jan 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at Art of Animation last Easter. We loved it, the best theming especially for younger children. Great walk through areas to get to your rooms with lots to see based on Little Mermaid, Cars and Lion King. Huge big blue pool area plus smaller pools by the room blocks. Great food court with lots of choice. Plus movies under the stars, we had a lovely relaxing evening watching Big Hero 6 here with a takeaway pizza.
The only slight drawback is a lot of the rooms are a 5-10 minute walk from the bus stop, which isn't far but can be tiring after a long day at the parks. However there are lots of distractions along the route to the rooms to make the walk enjoyable.
I would definitely recommend Art of Animation
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We popped over there one afternoon for a mooch about and I was so impressed with the pools, and the amazing artwork in the foyer! We had a walk about to the different blocks and ate in the food court, which had loads of choice and really big. Staff were really friendly. If my kids were younger then I would stay there because the theming is amazing, but now they are a little older (will be 12 & 10 when we visit next) I don't think we would want to stay there, it was a littl bit hectic. But if I had to pick a value, it would be here.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I loved staying there but I don't think I could spend more than a few nights in a room there with my two (aged 5 and 7). I would choose the villa and have some space where you can relax.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We've walked around it and eaten lunch. We thought it was really cool!

Amazing carrot cake whoopie pie too! Haha! X
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
nursielynz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at AOA in October 2014 in a little mermaid room and we loved it. We wanted to return there this year but it worked out cheaper for us to stay in a moderate hotel.

It's very child friendly so much to see theming wise. It was never an issue walking to the room as we just played around

The pools were ace and the staff so friendly, helped us out loads when we needed it.

Id be one to recommend it
2022 Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2024 Port Orleans Riverside
nursielynz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We stayed there for 10 nights in august 2015 and loved it. We had two rooms with me and OH in one and my brother and niece (age 10) in an adjoining room. We looked in to a suite but decided it wouldn't work for us so had little mermaid rooms. On site transport was great and gave us the flexibility to go to different places or split up if needed. The pool was fabulous and the interactions with the staff were all great which made my niece's stay even better.
Old 6 Jan 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd love to stay there but struggle to justify it when you can stay at a moderate for very similar with free dining plan meaning it would cost more for AoA once that's factored in.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List