Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

Anyone had any recent luck with renting through Davids?

Hi

I've used Davids before and usually rented points out within a week.

My points have been listed a few weeks now (BCV Exp 5/21) and nothing, not even an enquiry.

I'm not sure whether with withdraw the points and try to rent out through the FB group, or whether to give it more time?

Has anyone had any recent success or are they charging too much?

Thanks
Ruthy
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ruthy1604 View Post
Hi

I've used Davids before and usually rented points out within a week.

My points have been listed a few weeks now (BCV Exp 5/21) and nothing, not even an enquiry.

I'm not sure whether with withdraw the points and try to rent out through the FB group, or whether to give it more time?

Has anyone had any recent success or are they charging too much?

Thanks
Ruthy
Can't help with your questions on David's but suggest that if your points aren't bankable then consider making a reservation now for over a prime-time period at BCV so maybe include Mothers Day 9th May or Memorial Day on 31st May. You've probably missed the Easter dates and as you have a prime location it would be a shame to have to use those points for another resort and possibly at a lower rental price.

Having a reservation or even two over the same dates gives you a little more flexibility when it comes to renting. In the meantime you can still offer just your points to rent and/or just the BCV reservations on the FB group. Also consider using your waitlist for say over Easter or Christmas and good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Can't help with your questions on David's but suggest that if your points aren't bankable then consider making a reservation now for over a prime-time period at BCV so maybe include Mothers Day 9th May or Memorial Day on 31st May. You've probably missed the Easter dates and as you have a prime location it would be a shame to have to use those points for another resort and possibly at a lower rental price.

Having a reservation or even two over the same dates gives you a little more flexibility when it comes to renting. In the meantime you can still offer just your points to rent and/or just the BCV reservations on the FB group. Also consider using your waitlist for say over Easter or Christmas and good luck.
Thanks for this great advice, I've booked 3 nights over xmas, mothers day and memorial weekend. Hopefully I'll get some takers
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t had any luck with David’s but sold on Facebook within an hour. My points expire 30 Nov so nothing to lose.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Not a sniff through David's but our points expired 30th Nov 2020, rented via Facebook instead.

With the amount of points in the system over the next 12 months could be a touch sell through David's
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ruthy1604 View Post
Thanks for this great advice, I've booked 3 nights over xmas, mothers day and memorial weekend. Hopefully I'll get some takers
Good news that you booked those sought after dates.

We're not members of that FB group so unsure as to what's being offered but presume there's a lot of points that will soon expire so going cheap. But as your's don't expire for some time then consider starting your asking price at least what you would have received from David's and possibly even a little more. If there's no takers over the next few months then reduce the price of the first reservation. A lot of US residents won't be considering making a reservation for Easter or Mothers Day anytime soon and who know's, after Christmas things might even pick up, so good luck with renting on FB.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Can book BWV for 2 nights for new year in 1 bedroom villa or 2 studios for 4 nights over mother's day which would be the better option in this climate?
Old 23 Aug 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I.ve managed to rent 2 October stays via David’s in the last 2 weeks. I won’t be making a profit but happy to get the value of the dues back in the current climate and feel lucky to have not lost money from this holiday under the circumstances. I hope all these American families have a great time staying at reduced rates. And hopefully very soon all DVC owners can get back to looking forward to staying again.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List