Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 16 Jul 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Meals other people love and you dont understand why?

I am not criticising anyone else but there are a some things I do not understand. What is so great about Nandos or Pizza, I just dont understand the joy others get from them.

So what do you not like that others rave about?
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Chocolate ice cream - can't stand it. I LOVE chocolate but hate chocolate ice cream.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m with you munmun- both of those. I just don’t get the Nando’s concept - chicken or chicken. If I’m eating out I like a choice
Pizza - I don’t like cheese. Dominos is the biggest rip off ever
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mushrooms, why spoil a good meal with mushrooms, evil things 🤮
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have never had a nando’s 😳 and not a fan of pizza. But what I don’t understand is why people like meals from a chippy 🤮 greasy and oozing with fat, it even smells disgusting.
Also, cooked breakfasts that consist of fried food. Just more grease 😲
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I respect your opinion on nando and pizza, and pizzas are so overpriced from the likes of pizza and I always feel ill after I've eaten one.

Nandos is far better/healthier than KFC or McDonalds, and for £8 (less now with the vat cut) for a quarter chicken breast which I sometimes have with rice and corn on the cob.

I think indian take aways are very overpriced and my family occasionally have one, and paying £10 for a chicken meal with barely any chicken and what little there is doesn't taste very nice.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I wouldn’t say there are any foods that I don’t understand why others eat them, as everyone has different likes and dislikes.

There are foods/eating places I don’t like though that the majority do:
-donner kebabs
-Burger King
-Wagamama
-lasagna 🤢
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Went to Nando’s once, took my mum, we were not impressed, portions were tiny and very expensive. £3 for tiniest amount of mash. She asked us to call to McDonald’s on way home for a burger.

For me Pizza is the Most overrated food ever. Bread with tomato sauce and cheese urghhhh.

Now give me that greasy fish and chips floridatilly does not want and I’ll be happy
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Any Mexican food, I don’t eat “slop” and it all looks too sloppy or served with some kind of slop for my liking.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Anything involving skin! i.e. pork crackling, fish skin eugh