Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by cmf290 View Post
We waited about 6 weeks for Disney to decline their ROFR and out contract went ahead ($50/point at Vero). I was surprised they didn't exercise ROFR at that price but well pleased.
It is hard to imagine though that Disney would have someone that wants Vero Beach at the direct price of $120 per point.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Sorry to hear that. Must be frustrating.

Mine was sent for ROFR this morning. I cannot afford to buy direct (the point quantities would not be worthwhile) so this contract could be the difference between us joining DVC or not. Of course I can try again but without an idea of Disneys criteria it's going to be a shot in the dark.

Let me join the flippin' club, Disney!
Just had a call from the broker to tell me we have passed ROFR.

For anyone interested these are the details...

Resort: AKL
Price per point: $105
Number of points: 160
Use Year: Feb
Banked points:160 (2020)

Waived today... (14th September)

Excited to finally join!

Edited at 08:00 PM.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

For anyone interested these are the details...

Resort: AKL
Price per point: $105
Number of points: 160
Use Year: Feb
Banked points:160 (2020)

Waived today... (14th September)

Excited to finally join!
Congratualtions Rapscallion and hope you can soon start planning for your first stay as a member.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Fabulous news.

Welcome home.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
cmf290
New Poster (5)

DVC Administration Timescales

I've bought a resale, passed ROFR, titles recorded and sent to DVC on 23 July. I was told around 4 weeks for them to process as a new owner, but still have heard nothing. I understand DVC cast members may be furloughed or working from home. Anyone heard how long DVC are taking at the moment?
cmf290 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

I've bought a resale, passed ROFR, titles recorded and sent to DVC on 23 July. I was told around 4 weeks for them to process as a new owner, but still have heard nothing. I understand DVC cast members may be furloughed or working from home. Anyone heard how long DVC are taking at the moment?
This was our timeline, and we are also new owners.
So yours does seems to take longer...

Offer made: 6/8/20
Offer accepted: 6/8/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/20
Passes ROFR: 7/21/20
Closing docs received: 7/26/20
Closing docs returned: 7/27/20
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 7/31/20
Deed recorded: 8/3/20
Contract showing on membership: 8/27/20
points in account: 9/05/20

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Hi we closed on the 9/9/20 and have been told it could take up to 30 business days for the points to show in our account once Disney have completed the transfer.
Congratulations hopefully it won’t take much longer.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

So today Disney took our SSR contract submitted 17/8 - I guess that means that they’re speeding up a bit but I wish they hadn’t taken it. The one that got away (from us) was stripped until 2022 so perfect in these COVID circumstances. The deposit is on hold, not sure whether to try and have another go, or have the deposit back and wait until annual dues season since that darned mouse can’t take everything 😝 🤷
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
So today Disney took our SSR contract submitted 17/8 - I guess that means that they’re speeding up a bit but I wish they hadn’t taken it. The one that got away (from us) was stripped until 2022 so perfect in these COVID circumstances. The deposit is on hold, not sure whether to try and have another go, or have the deposit back and wait until annual dues season since that darned mouse can’t take everything 😝 🤷
Aww bad news. No problem, go again, I was like the Terminator with my DVC legs ripped off, but arms still pulling me forward, to avoid the giant DVC ROFR industrial press hovering above my body, when eventually I caught John Connor (my 4th DVC contract) on the third attempt.

I hear there’s big demand for SSR direct contracts.

Edited at 07:23 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Thanks YorkshireT for making me smile 😃. You’re right of course, I need to put my superhero cape on and give ‘em hell until they let me through 🤞. Off to look for something suitable.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List