Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Aug 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Just to add will be worth looking into different travel insurance options too? Not many cover timeshare rentals but some do! Do your research 👍
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If I was renting I’d draft up a contract, fair to both parties, which would explain the limitation on moving bookings and banking points, explain best endeavors would be used to move bookings, rent out the points elsewhere etc, but ultimately if the rentee cancels, and nothing can be done, then the rentee doesn’t get a refund, save if it’s because the resort is not open, then would refund less the dues fees only (about $7 a point) then both sides take equal Financial risk on the resort not being open (the thinking being the rentee has lost the opportunity to bank points etc).

However, suspect that by next summer any Covid related closures and non flying issues will be academic as it’s likely to be mainly sorted with a vaccine.
I agree I don't think there will be Covid related cancellations by next summer, my issue is we would cancel if masks were still mandatory on the plane and in America, so I would need to weigh up that risk before booking as it would be my choice to cancel. Hopefully it wouldn't be an issue in September

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Just to add will be worth looking into different travel insurance options too? Not many cover timeshare rentals but some do! Do your research 👍
thank you

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Apologies i am not very clued up with DVC but if I wanted to rent DVC points for Boardwalk for 12th September 2021, what would be the best way to do it? how much would it cost? do you need to pay upfront and would we lose the cash if we cant go?
If you have the choice to rent from a number of members then consider renting from the member with user-year points which starts just before your check-in date.

So look for members first with Sept 2021 use-year points or in the following order, Aug, June, April, March, Feb, Dec and lastly Oct.

Because you'll be buying a delux studio at such a discount there probably won't be a refund policy if you have to change your dates, but you should hopefully have the option to rebook to a later date.

Sept 2021 user-year points gives you and the member more flexibilty and will last all the way through to 31 Aug 2022 and if banked, could be used anytime up to 31 Aug 2023.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
If you have the choice to rent from a number of members then consider renting from the member with user-year points which starts just before your check-in date.

So look for members first with Sept 2021 use-year points or in the following order, Aug, June, April, March, Feb, Dec and lastly Oct.

Because you'll be buying a delux studio at such a discount there probably won't be a refund policy if you have to change your dates, but you should hopefully have the option to rebook to a later date.

Sept 2021 user-year points gives you and the member more flexibilty and will last all the way through to 31 Aug 2022 and if banked, could be used anytime up to 31 Aug 2023.

Good luck.
thank you for the advice, rebooking at a later date might be worth it if its an option as we plan to go to Disney in May 2022 anyway

2021- London